Yuvraj says he is getting betterFebruary 16th, 2012 - 7:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 16 (IANS) Ailing Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh Thursday informed his fans that his lung tumour is “almost out of the system” and the second cycle of his chemotherapy has begun at the Boston Institute of Cancer Research in the United States.
“Got very good news from dr lawrence today! The tumour is almost way out of the system. After reading my todays scan! Second cycle has started,” tweeted Yuvraj, who is undergoing treatment for a malignant tumour in the U.S. since January.
Yuvraj has been keeping his well-wishers updated on his health and recently posted a picture showing his shaven head.
In his earlier posts, Yuvraj thanked his inspiration and seven-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong for supporting him in testing times. Armstrong himself had overcome testicular cancer to win the coveted cycling crown.
“Message from @lancearmstrong makes me feel better! Thank you lance means a lot hope we can meet,” he said.
Besides catching up on movies, the stylish southpaw is keeping a mild fitness regime.
“20 minutes cycle in the gym felt good after a while! Amuls new add is very cute I must say (sic),” he had posted Friday.
- Yuvraj feeling 'weak' after second round of chemotherapy - Mar 01, 2012
- Yuvraj says his treatment nearing completion - Mar 13, 2012
- Yuvraj will resume training in 10 weeks: Doctor (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Government will help Yuvraj: Sports minister - Feb 06, 2012
- Yuvraj will emerge stronger: Father - Feb 06, 2012
- Yuvraj blames himself for delaying treatment - Feb 08, 2012
- I only thought of saving my life: Yuvraj Singh - Sep 05, 2012
- Lance Armstrong welcomes fifth baby - Oct 19, 2010
- Wade beat cancer to become top Australia keeper - Feb 25, 2012
- Yuvraj will be fight it out, says father (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Lance Armstrong's New Zealand holiday - Jan 30, 2011
- Don't know what the future holds: Yuvraj - Apr 11, 2012
- Armstrong 'pushed us towards' banned boosting agent EPO: Ex-teammate - Jan 19, 2011
- Yuvraj has malignant tumour, being treated in the US - Feb 05, 2012
- Armstrong to end international career Down Under - Oct 24, 2010
Tags: boston institute, cancer research, champion lance armstrong, chemotherapy, dr lawrence, fitness regime, france champion, indian cricketer, inspiration, lance armstrong, lung tumour, malignant tumour, New Delhi, shaven head, southpaw, testicular cancer, tour de france, undergoing treatment, well wishers, yuvraj singh