Yuvraj rates his knock against England as bestNovember 14th, 2008 - 8:16 pm ICT by IANS
Rajkot, Nov 14 (IANS) Yuvraj Singh, who made mincemeat of the English attack with a blazing century during the first one-day international here Friday, rated it as his best knock in one-day cricket.Yuvraj scored an unbeaten 138 in 78 balls to carry India to an 158-run victory in the first of the seven-match ODI series.
“It is my best knock. I am very happy with the effort,” he said.
“I had a good last series but I was not picked for the Test series against Australia. The last couple of months were hard for me. I focussed on my cricket and worked hard and it paid off here.
“The openers gave us a good a good start. So I had enough time to settle down. We thought of staying till the end so that we could reach 350 plus.”
Yuvraj, who played with his back heavily strapped, said he pulled a muscle and will have to get fit before the next ODI Monday at Indore.
- Sehwag's record double ton gives India huge win over West Indies (Roundup) - Dec 09, 2011
- David Hussey hopes England ODI series 'kick-starts' his career - Jan 24, 2011
- Yuvraj wants to establish himself in Tests with England series - Jul 07, 2011
- Maturity behind improved form, says Samuels - Oct 16, 2011
- Superstitious Sehwag backed Sri Lanka to see India through - Dec 15, 2009
- India beat England by 158 runs - Nov 14, 2008
- In-form Kohli says can't take his place for granted - Dec 14, 2010
- Sehwag's record ODI score powers India to its highest total - Dec 08, 2011
- Sehwag elated at going past Tendulkar (Lead) - Dec 09, 2011
- It was my best ODI innings: Strauss - Feb 28, 2011
- Misbah not desperate to head Pakistan's ODI squad - May 30, 2011
- UK bookie predicts India win in Indore, series triumph - Nov 16, 2008
- ICC's decision to abolish runners is harsh: Yuvraj - Jul 01, 2011
- Rahul Dravid to quit ODI and Twenty20 cricket after England series - Aug 07, 2011
- Kohli, Yuvraj record best ever figures in Port Elizabeth (Match highlights) - Jan 22, 2011