Yuvraj is a fighter: Irfan PathanApril 12th, 2012 - 1:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 12 (IANS) Indian pacer Irfan Pathan says Yuvraj Singh, who is recovering from cancer, is not just a fighter in the field but in real life too.
“He is a fighter in cricket and on the field. And he is a fighter in a real life too. The whole world is praying for him,” Pathan, 27, who is currently playing for the Indian Premier League (IPL) Delhi Daredevils team, told reporters here Wednesday.
India’s star batsman Yuvraj returned home Monday after undergoing treatment in the US for rare germ cell cancer.
“I’m praying for his complete recovery and am going to meet him soon. My whole family is praying and everyone want him on the ground,” Irfan said at the launch of Mushky’s menswear collection. He is brand ambassador for Mushky.
Irfan returned to top flight cricket after being sidelined for two years with a back injury and says he is happy with his performance.
“I’m only focusing on one thing which is contributing to the team and I’m sure that I would give my best. I’m getting better day by day and I’m struggling to become better.”
“Cricket is the best education for me… It’s been nine years since I’ve been learning, but for the past two years I’m feeling the change… it is a very good feeling,” he added.
Asked whether he would take guidance from Pakistani cricketer and his mentor Wasim Akram, who is his idol, he said: “Being coach and being idol are two different things. For guidance in training, I always go to my coach.”
On Virendra Sehwag’s captainship for Daredevils, he said: “He is an amazing captain… I give him 10 out of 10.”
- Fashion for me is comfort: Irfan Pathan - Apr 12, 2012
- Yuvraj returns home after winning battle against cancer (Roundup) - Apr 09, 2012
- Aamir prays for Yuvraj's quick recovery - Feb 09, 2012
- My second innings is God's gift: Irfan Pathan - Apr 04, 2012
- Yuvraj cheers for Pune Warriors - Apr 27, 2012
- Confident Yuvraj will win cancer battle: Bhupathi - Feb 09, 2012
- Randeep to take tips from Sehwag for 'Heroine' role? - Nov 25, 2011
- Pietersen pays Yuvraj a visit - Apr 12, 2012
- Yuvraj blames himself for delaying treatment - Feb 08, 2012
- Can't handle playing against Yusuf in IPL: Irfan - Apr 03, 2012
- Cricketing world wishes Yuvraj - Sep 08, 2012
- Senior players helping Daredevils stay grounded: Irfan - May 04, 2012
- Yuvraj back home after three months - Apr 09, 2012
- Yuvraj Singh released from hospital - Mar 20, 2012
- Fit again Yuvraj back home after battling cancer (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,