Yuvraj cheers for Pune WarriorsApril 27th, 2012 - 12:38 am ICT by IANS
Pune, April 26 (IANS) Pune Warriors Thursday had a surprise visitor in their former captain Yuvraj Singh, who cheered for the team from the dugout during their Indian Premier League (IPL) clash against Deccan Chargers.
Pune warriors captain Sourav Ganguly said it was great to have Yuvraj in the team dugout. Yuvraj is missing the IPL as he is recovering from a rare germ cell cancer.
“It’s good to see him, he’s in the dug out,” Ganguly said.
Yuvraj said he was happy to be in the cricket field cheering for his team mates.
“I’m starting to feel better, eating a lot of organic food. Doesn’t taste good but I eat it. I’m starting to walk more … I wanted to go and take guard today but I was happy to hit a few balls and see my team-mates,” he said.
Asked when he is expected to take the field, Yuvraj said: “I can’t say a time. Maybe two or three months. Depends on my body. Hopefully I’ll come back fast.”
Yuvraj also reflected on the hard times in the past when he was diagnosed with cancer.
“It was hard for me to digest when I was diagnosed. that’s the way life is. I’ve fought a tough battle, it’s been gruelling for me and my family. I’ve had a lot of support … a lot of love. At the moment I’m fine, hopefully I can return soon … Chemotherapy is tough on the body, but I was positive. If you have your family’s support it helps … I had support from the nation,” he said.
- Yuvraj blames himself for delaying treatment - Feb 08, 2012
- It was payback time for me to Sourav: Yuvraj - Jun 22, 2011
- Fans expect Ganguly to sparkle for Pune Warriors - May 08, 2011
- Only Knight Riders belong to Kolkata: Gambhir - Jun 01, 2012
- Yuvraj is a fighter: Irfan Pathan - Apr 12, 2012
- Surprised over Tiwary's omission: Ganguly - Feb 15, 2012
- Ganguly will play in the next game: Yuvraj - May 09, 2011
- Open for talks on IPL but no sponsorship deal: Subroto Roy - Feb 07, 2012
- Pune Warriors pick Tamim Iqbal to complete foreign quota - Mar 29, 2012
- Pune Warriors suffer seventh consecutive IPL defeat (Lead) - May 05, 2011
- Ganguly hopeful of playing in IPL 2012 - Jun 02, 2011
- Gambhir hopes Kolkata will root for KKR in Ganguly game - Apr 29, 2012
- Cricketing world wishes Yuvraj - Sep 08, 2012
- Changing bowling style was the key: Dinda - Mar 06, 2012
- Ganguly will add value to Pune Warriors, say former players - May 03, 2011
Tags: balls, chargers, cheers, chemotherapy, clash, cricket field, deccan, dugout, germ cell cancer, ipl, love, organic food, premier league, sourav ganguly, surprise visitor, team mates, three months, tough battle, warriors, yuvraj singh