YSR’s widow seeks probe into Naidu’s assetsOctober 18th, 2011 - 12:33 am ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Oct 17 (IANS) Former Andhra Pradesh chief minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy’s widow Y.S. Vijayalaxmi Monday filed a public interest litigation in the state high court seeking a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) into the assets of former chief minister and Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief N. Chandrababu Naidu.
Vijayalaxmi’s move is being seen as a counter to the suits filed by TDP leaders against her son Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy.
The high court in August ordered a CBI probe into the assets of Jaganmohan Reddy, MP and leader of YSR Congress party, on petitions filed by TDP and Congress leaders.
Vijayalaxmi, who is also a member of assembly, filed a 2,424-page petition in court describing as false the assets declared by Naidu last month. She sought a comprehensive probe by the CBI into the nine-year stint of the TDP chief as the chief minister.
YSR’s widow alleged that Naidu owned assets worth thousands of crores of rupees in both India and abroad. She claimed that he amassed huge wealth from 1995 to 2004 when he was the chief minister.
She wondered how Naidu earned such huge assets when he had only two acres of land before becoming the chief minister.
The leader of YSR Congress party submitted several documents along with the petition.
She also named individuals and organisations which allegedly received favours from Naidu when he was the chief minister.
Reacting to the development, the TDP said the Congress government ordered many inquiries against Naidu but found nothing. TDP leaders termed as baseless all allegations made in the petition.
- Chandrababu mulls appeal against order on CBI probe - Nov 16, 2011
- Court orders CBI probe into Chandrababu Naidu's assets - Nov 14, 2011
- Court rejects plea for probe into Naidu assets (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- CBI probe against Naidu suspended for now (Lead) - Dec 13, 2011
- High court reserves orders on Naidu's petition - Dec 14, 2011
- Congress, TDP hail court order on Jagan's assets - Aug 10, 2011
- No role in CBI action against Sakshi group: Chief minister - May 09, 2012
- Court adjourns hearing on Jagan's assets - Aug 03, 2011
- Court should have issued notice before ordering probe: Naidu - Nov 14, 2011
- Supreme Court notices to six Andhra ministers (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Congress, TDP hail court order on Jagan's wealth - Jul 12, 2011
- CVC seeks report from CBI on leaks in Jagan case - Jul 07, 2012
- Jagan arrested in assets case, party calls for Andhra shutdown (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- CBI continues probe into Jagan's assets - Jul 29, 2011
- Congress leader for legal aid to jailed former minister - Jul 08, 2012
Tags: allegations, andhra pradesh chief, assets, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, chandrababu naidu, chief minister, congress government, congress leaders, congress party, crores, organisations, page petition, petitions, public interest litigation, rupees, stint, two acres, worth thousands, ysr