Youth who objected to molestation burnt to deathOctober 15th, 2008 - 7:53 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Oct 15 (IANS) A police official’s son who objected to molestation of a woman at a Garba (traditional dance) programme was burnt to death Wednesday by a mob in Madhya Pradesh’s Dewas district, the police said.The dispute arose Tuesday night when Vishal, 27, objected to the molestation of a woman from to his Balai community by people of the Patidar community.
Vishal was son of Dashrath Singh, a town inspector attached with the Human Rights Commission at Bhopal.
Members of Patidar community who had gathered for “Durga Visarjan” (Goddess Durga’s idol immersion) programme Wednesday morning reached Vishal’s house in Karnawat village and started throwing stones.
On this Vishal opened fire on the mob with a gun. But he was caught and set on fire which led to his death on the spot, said the police.
The mob also torched several houses belonging to the Balai community besides setting on fire a jeep and four motor-cycles.
While four people injured during the clash were undergoing treatment at Dewas hospital, one seriously injured person was taken to Indore for treatment.
“The situation is now tense but under control. DIG (deputy inspector general) Ujjain range Vipin Maheshwari has reached the village and is personally supervising the things,” Dewas Police Superintendant Mayank Jain told IANS.
- Madhya Pradesh policeman seeks protection for family - Dec 29, 2008
- Three held for woman's gangrape in Madhya Pradesh - Oct 07, 2009
- 21 dead, 41 rescued in Madhya Pradesh bus accident (Lead) - Sep 09, 2010
- Sand mafia attacks cops, officials in Madhya Pradesh - Mar 10, 2012
- Bollywood condemns Guwahati molestation - Jul 14, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh minister injured in accident - Feb 12, 2010
- Properties of Madhya Pradesh officials raided - Jan 17, 2012
- 18 dead, 30 missing in Madhya Pradesh bus accident - Sep 09, 2010
- Woman killed in clash during police raid - Feb 05, 2011
- Criminal lynched by villagers - Mar 05, 2011
- Three troopers arrested in Bihar - May 27, 2012
- Pragya Thakur brought to court in ambulance - Apr 25, 2011
- Kashmiri student out of danger (Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- Communal clash erupts over a Gaya religious procession - Oct 19, 2010
- Bihar CM orders probe in Sitamarhi shooting incident (Lead) - May 26, 2012