Youth slits wrists at Delhi police stationJune 12th, 2012 - 6:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 12 (IANS) A 23-year-old man slit his wrists with a knife after being questioned at a police station for allegedly harassing a girl, Delhi Police said Tuesday. He is out of danger now, they said.
Mukesh, a student living in Chirag Delhi, slit his wrists in south Delhi’s Saket police station June 10.
A police officer said Mukesh, who was spurned by the girl he liked, began randomly calling her, visiting her house and threatening her. The girl’s parents called the police.
The police called the man and his family members to the police station.
During questioning, Mukesh came out of investigating officer’s room and slit his wrists with a vegetable knife, said a police official.
“He was rushed to a nearby hospital and discharged after preliminary treatment,” said a police official, adding Mukesh is now out of danger.
- Youth slits wrists at Delhi police station, arrested (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Husband, wife arrested for murder - Jun 22, 2011
- Youth held for raping Assamese girl - Apr 21, 2011
- Man held for father's murder - Jul 25, 2012
- Man held for stabbing two friends - Feb 21, 2011
- Man stabs baby-girl during brawl with wife - Oct 22, 2011
- Delhi Police constable killed by minor girlfriend - Jul 08, 2012
- Five people commit suicide in Delhi - Oct 07, 2011
- Brother murders NRI sister - May 04, 2011
- Delhi legislator shot, stable (Second Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Delhi cop robbed of seized bike by traffic violator - Jun 14, 2012
- Speeding Mercedes kills constable, injures another in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Man kills girlfriend, attempts suicide - Jun 09, 2011
- Youth killed by friend - Apr 23, 2012
- Chinese who took girl hostage shot dead - Aug 11, 2012