Youth slits wrists at Delhi police station, arrested (Lead)June 12th, 2012 - 8:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 12 (IANS) A 23-year-old student slit his wrists with a knife after being questioned at a police station for allegedly harassing a girl, Delhi Police said Tuesday. He is out of danger now and has been arrested.
Mukesh, a resident of Chirag Delhi, slit his wrists in south Delhi’s Saket police station June 10.
A police officer said Mukesh, who was spurned by the girl he liked, began randomly calling her, visiting her house and threatening her. The girl’s parents then informed the police.
The police called the man and his family members to the police station.
During questioning, Mukesh came out of the investigating officer’s room and slit his wrists with a vegetable knife, said a police official.
“He was taken to a hospital and discharged after preliminary treatment,” said a police officer.
He has been booked for misbehaving, harassing and threatening the girl and for attempting to commit suicide.
- Youth slits wrists at Delhi police station - Jun 12, 2012
- Youth held for raping Assamese girl - Apr 21, 2011
- Man held for father's murder - Jul 25, 2012
- Dowry death: Victim's brothers-in-law get anticipatory bail - Jun 22, 2012
- Delhi Police constable killed by minor girlfriend - Jul 08, 2012
- Goa police officer booked for dowry harassment - Mar 24, 2012
- Chinese hostage-taker shot dead - Jul 20, 2012
- Bengal women's panel seeks report on newly-wed couple - Sep 06, 2012
- Valentine's Day fallout: Agra boy killed by classmates - Feb 17, 2012
- Woman accuses Bengal cop of misbehaving with her - May 17, 2012
- Husband, wife arrested for murder - Jun 22, 2011
- Brother murders NRI sister - May 04, 2011
- Dowry death: Victim's mother-in-law told to surrender - Jun 20, 2012
- Delhi cop robbed of seized bike by traffic violator - Jun 14, 2012
- Speeding Mercedes kills constable, injures another in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012