Youth shot at for teasing girl two months backMarch 14th, 2009 - 12:40 am ICT by IANS
Noida, March 13 (IANS) A 22-year-old youth was critically injured here Friday night after he was shot at for allegedly misbehaving with a girl two months ago, police said.
Sachin Bhati, a resident of Noida’s Salarpur area, was shot at allegedly by the girl’s family members, who have not yet been identified, a police official said.
He had apparently passed lewd remarks at the girl staying in the same locality and had been following her for some time.
She probably complained about him to her family members who confronted Sachin at around 8.30 p.m. They had an altercation and the girl’s family members shot at the youth, the official added.
Sachin suffered a bullet injury in the abdomen and was rushed to hospital where he is said to be in a critical condition.
An official at the Sector-39 police station, under which Salarpur area falls, said investigations into the incident were underway.
- Two held for bid to abduct doctor - Dec 08, 2011
- Two arrested for attack on gang leader in Ghaziabad - Nov 25, 2011
- Ghaziabad shootout latest twist in mounting extortion trade - Nov 22, 2011
- Principal shot at in Noida - Jul 29, 2012
- Three killed in firing at marriage function - Nov 19, 2011
- Youth held for shooting cop's son - Sep 16, 2011
- Two held for killing techie in Greater Noida - Aug 21, 2010
- Delhi Police ASI shoots head constable (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Four held in Delhi MLA's shooting - Jun 03, 2012
- Eight arrested for thrashing Delhi hotel official (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- Two arrested for beating doctor protesting girl's harassment - Sep 05, 2012
- Youth slits wrists at Delhi police station, arrested (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Three cops thrashed in Greater Noida - Sep 04, 2010
- 'Death money' custom causing law and order in Rajasthan - Mar 15, 2011
- Youth shoots girlfriend in Delhi - Dec 15, 2010