Youth lynched for killing village headDecember 3rd, 2010 - 12:19 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Dec 3 (IANS) A Class 12 student was lynched by a mob in Uttar Pradesh’s Azamgarh district after he and his two aides shot dead a village head, police said Friday.
Three motorcycle-borne assailants, including the student Rinku Pathak, killed Umashankar Rajbhar (40) Thursday night while he was talking to some people in his Belwana village.
“The three shot dead Umashankar near the Martinganj market after which a group of villagers chased them. The three stopped briefly after their motorcycle developed some problem. The locals, who were following them, managed to catch two of the three criminals and assaulted them,” police inspector Anil Tiwari told reporters Friday in Azamgarh, some 300 km from Lucknow.
“The villagers attacked Rinku and his associate with wooden sticks and stones and Rinku died. We learnt that Rinku was a Class 12 student of the Rashtriya Inter College in Azamgarh…We cannot confirm Rinku’s age but he appears to be around 18 years old or so,” Tiwari said.
Rinku’s aide is being treated at a hospital in Jaunpur district and his condition is said to be serious.
- A handicapped man on noble mission to educate (With Images) - Jan 15, 2012
- BJP leader shot dead in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 08, 2011
- Student beaten to death over love affair - Jul 17, 2010
- Poor facilities no constraint for good schools in Jaunpur - Jan 09, 2012
- Gangster gunned down in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 06, 2010
- Villagers lynch criminal - Nov 09, 2010
- Gangster, aide killed in gun battle in Uttar Pradesh - May 26, 2010
- Class 8 student kills classmate for his mobile - Jan 10, 2011
- Criminal gunned down in Uttar Pradesh - May 23, 2011
- BJP leader shot dead in Kanpur - Jul 16, 2011
- Crossing 'knowledge bridge' on an Azamgarh river (Postcard from Azamgarh) - Nov 30, 2011
- Aspiring engineer shot dead by two students - Dec 02, 2011
- Samajwadi Party leader shot dead in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 23, 2010
- School student hospitalised after assault by teacher - Sep 09, 2011
- Gulf migration took toll on children's education in Azamgarh - Jan 01, 2012