Youth kills cousin after making her pregnantMarch 2nd, 2009 - 10:54 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, March 2 (IANS) A youth in Ghaziabad district of Uttar Pradesh killed his cousin sister - with whom he had illicit relations - after discovering she was pregnant, police said Monday.
The youth, Arun called his cousin to his friend’s house in Sarvodaya area under Hapur Dehat police station Friday on the pretext of settling down at some far-off place and tried to strangle her after administering her some intoxicant, superintendent of police (rural) K.K. Asthana said.
However, when she regained consciousness, Arun, with the help of his friends Pankaj and Kuldeep, stabbed her to death.
Police took Arun into custody Sunday and he confessed his crime. On the basis of his confessional statement, the police recovered the articles used in the crime, Asthana added.
- Rapist who left minor victim on rail track held - Feb 11, 2012
- Bike snatcher gunned down - May 19, 2009
- Uncle, cousin of honour killing victim held for hate speeches - Jun 24, 2010
- Criminals open fire on rival gang members in police custody - Aug 25, 2009
- Lahore sees an upsurge in "honour killings" - Sep 16, 2010
- Clerk commits suicide in courtroom - Aug 10, 2010
- Man kills friend to continue illicit relationship - Sep 10, 2012
- Three wanted in honour killings arrested (Lead) - Jun 25, 2010
- Ghaziabad man kills 13-year-old younger brother - Jun 02, 2009
- Case against police station: Five cops suspended - Jun 17, 2011
- Three cops jailed for 10 years for torture death - Jun 01, 2012
- Dalit man lynched in Ghaziabad by seven youths (Lead) - Aug 02, 2010
- Father, son arrested for four murders - Jan 17, 2012
- Case against Power Corp staff for contractor's murder - Mar 31, 2012
- Four held in Delhi MLA's shooting - Jun 03, 2012