Youth killed, honour killing suspectedJuly 8th, 2011 - 12:08 pm ICT by IANS
Kapurthala (Punjab), July 8 (IANS) In a suspected case of honour killing, a youth was allegedly beaten to death by relatives of his former girlfriend, Punjab Police said Friday.
The deceased was identified as Kuldeep Singh, 22, who belonged to Uttar Pradesh.
Kuldeep Singh, who stayed in Nathuchahal village in this Punjab district for a while, had eloped with a teenaged girl in 2009. He was arrested following a complaint by the girl’s family and released from jail in February this year, a police official said.
“We found Kuldeep’s body near the fields in Nathuchahal village late Thursday. He had injury marks on various parts of the body. He had come to to meet his former girlfriend but her family members caught him and beat him to death,” investigating official Lakhwinder Singh said.
“It seems to be a case of honour killing,” he added.
- Man beaten to death in Bihar for eloping - Sep 12, 2012
- Suspected 'honour killing', three held (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Suspected honour killing in Punjab - Jul 04, 2011
- Honour killing: Constable murdered by lover's father - Feb 22, 2011
- Brother kills sister for honour in Punjab - Sep 02, 2010
- Haryana Police hunt for four honour killing accused - Jun 23, 2010
- Spate of honour killings shakes up Punjab - Jul 14, 2011
- Honour killing: 25-year old man killed in Punjab - Apr 16, 2012
- Betrayed in love, undertrial hangs himself in jail - Apr 27, 2012
- More arrests likely in Punjab honour killing - Jul 25, 2010
- Man held for killing daughter, her lover - Nov 16, 2011
- Punjab man murdered in Melbourne - Apr 23, 2011
- Girl killed for honour - Jul 04, 2011
- Father, uncle booked for honour killing in Maharashtra - Apr 09, 2012
- Engineering student killed for having affair - Nov 24, 2011