Youth kidnaps, murders minor in capitalMarch 19th, 2009 - 10:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 19 (IANS) A 12-year-old boy was kidnapped and strangled to death by a youth in the capital, police said Thursday.
Manan Mahajan, a class seven student and resident of sector 11 in Rohini, was abducted Wednesday by Jeevek Nagpal, who also lives there, police said.
“Nagpal offered a lift to the boy in his car. However, instead of dropping him at his house, Nagpal took him toward sector 24 and at a deserted place, he strangulated the boy and dumped the body in a drain,” said deputy commissioner of police (Outer) Atul Katiyar.
Even after killing the boy, Nagpal sent a message to his father, Rajesh Mahajan, demanding a ransom of Rs.2.5 million.
“The Mahajan family received several messages with different ransom amounts. They approached the police and an investigation was launched, which led to the arrest of Nagpal,” said Katiyar.
- Abducted Pakistani boy strangled to death - Mar 18, 2012
- Man held for killing minor in Delhi - Jun 24, 2012
- Teenager killed for ransom - Sep 29, 2010
- Kidnapper duo arrested in Haryana - Nov 17, 2010
- Kidnapped Andhra schoolboy found murdered - Apr 20, 2012
- Man arrested for killing teenager - Nov 17, 2009
- Couple held for scientist's son's murder (Lead) - Jun 18, 2011
- Delhi engineer murdered by friend for ransom (Second Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Man murdered for harassing newly-wed woman - Jul 14, 2012
- Class 9 students held for killing schoolmate - Sep 02, 2011
- Couple held for killing scientist's son (Second Lead) - Jun 18, 2011
- Khushpreet murder case cracked, neighbours held - Mar 22, 2011
- Couple held for killing defence scientist's son - Jun 18, 2011
- Teenager kidnapped, killed for Rs.50,000 - Apr 01, 2012
- Abducted student released after 15 days - Jul 08, 2012