Youth impaled by iron rod in stable conditionJuly 17th, 2008 - 3:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 17 (IANS) A 23-year-old who miraculously survived being impaled by a 5.2 feet iron rod last week was in a stable condition Thursday although many of his organs had been damaged. “The iron angle (rod) was removed after a six-hour surgery and his condition is normal. We are regularly monitoring him as some of the organs have been damaged,” said M.C. Mishra, head of the trauma centre of the All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS).
Supratim Dutta, an HCL executive, was on his way to Gurgaon in an office car when the driver lost control and hit the barricades put up by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) on Mehrauli-Gurgaon Road July 12.
The impact was so damaging that an iron rod pierced the car and impaled Dutta, who remained immobile in the car for nearly one and a half hours till his friend Saurabh reached the spot.
With the help of people passing by, Saurabh managed to cut the iron rod and rushed Dutta to the AIIMS trauma centre.
- Impaled African student critical - Apr 21, 2010
- Injured African student given 48 units of blood (Lead) - Apr 20, 2010
- Man impaled by iron bar is 'stable but critical' - Jul 18, 2008
- Braveheart Supratim, impaled on iron bar, out of hospital - Jul 29, 2008
- Man pierced by iron rods, saved by doctors - Mar 12, 2012
- Doctors face tough challenge in saving impaled African (Second Lead) - Apr 20, 2010
- Impaled African student out of danger, other discharged - Apr 26, 2010
- I am living a second life, says miracle survivor Supratim (Lead) - Jul 29, 2008
- Iron rods injure 2 Nigerians in freak accident - Apr 19, 2010
- Crack down on dangerously overloaded trucks, say experts - Apr 21, 2010
- African national critical after freak accident - Apr 20, 2010
- Youth survives after iron bar pierces liver, stomach, lungs (Lead) - Jul 17, 2008
- Rod out of skull, survivor could be normal in 10 days - Sep 14, 2010
- Fire in liquor shop near Sahara Mall in Gurgaon - Jul 02, 2012
- 'Vampire' skeletons discovered in Bulgaria - Jun 06, 2012