Youth held for sheltering SIMI treasurerOctober 22nd, 2008 - 7:30 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Oct 22 (IANS) A youth has been arrested in Jabalpur town of Madhya Pradesh for allegedly giving shelter to Mohammad Ali, treasurer of the banned Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI), police said. “Ali used to take shelter in Gohalpur locality of Jabalpur in the house of Sheikh Afroz Mohammad. Afroz, 25, was arrested Tuesday following a tip-off,” Jabalpur Police Superintendent Rajesh Tripathi told IANS over telephone.
Sheikh admitted he used to provide shelter to Ali at his residence despite being aware that besides being an active member of SIMI, Ali was absconding, the police official said.
Ali was arrested by the Bhopal Anti-Terror squad (ATS) from Misrod near here last month.
- Man kills wife and daughter - Mar 15, 2012
- Four suspected terrorists with SIMI links held in Madhya Pradesh - Nov 04, 2009
- Mumbai cops in Ahmedabad to quiz IM operative - Jul 16, 2011
- Five SIMI activists arrested in Madhya Pradesh - Oct 21, 2009
- Four SIMI activists arrested in Jabalpur - Nov 04, 2009
- Terrorist shot dead in Aurangabad - Mar 26, 2012
- Explosives seized in Madhya Pradesh - May 10, 2011
- Maoist wanted in twin murder case held in West Bengal (Lead) - Nov 17, 2010
- ETV reporter's murder case solved - Aug 10, 2011
- Two Maoists held in Bengal - Mar 15, 2011
- Super chor 'Bunty' arrested in Bhopal, police confirm - Jan 16, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh police hunt SIMI activist's accomplices - Aug 06, 2009
- SIMI activist sent to 10-day police custody (Lead) - Sep 20, 2008
- Indian Mujahideen terrorist arrested in Madhya Pradesh - Apr 13, 2009
- 'Princess' beheads sexual harasser - Jan 20, 2012