Youth held for making bomb scare call in KeralaJuly 28th, 2008 - 10:36 pm ICT by IANS
Kozhikode, July 28 (IANS) A youth, who allegedly made a phone call saying that important land marks of Kochi in Kerala would be bombed Aug 15, was arrested by the police here Monday. The call was made last Friday to a news photographer V.V. Biju in Thiruvananthapuram.
“A youth was taken into custody in connection with the incident. He is being interrogated,” an official of the Special Branch of the police told IANS on condition of anonymity.
However, the police were not ready to officially confirm the arrest.
“The Kozhikode police commissioner confirmed to me today (Monday) that a youth named Tejas was taken into custody,” Biju told IANS.
- CPI-M not involved in former leader's murder: Achuthanandan - May 07, 2012
- Kerala government faces ire over 'murder' of Bihari youth - Aug 18, 2012
- Air India pilots' strike affects Kozhikode flights - May 10, 2012
- 'Kerala cop has links with banned outfits' - Mar 20, 2012
- Kerala Police officer held for attack on journalist - Apr 16, 2012
- Former CPI-M leader killed in Kerala (Lead) - May 05, 2012
- CBI shifts mining baron to Hyderabad - Sep 05, 2011
- Young nuclear scientist found dead in his Kalpakkam quarters - Apr 24, 2012
- Italian marines may be shifted from jail to remand home - May 24, 2012
- CPI-M seeks probe into 'false' news on ex-leader's killing - Jul 11, 2012
- Fishermen shooting: Two Italians' police custody extended - Feb 23, 2012
- Kerala boat hit-and-run: Cargo ship sailor arrested - Mar 08, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader nabbed for former colleague's murder - Jun 29, 2012
- CPI-M worker killed during Kerala shutdown (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M facing tough times (Letter from Kerala) - Jun 30, 2012