Youth, girl found dead in GhaziabadMay 31st, 2011 - 11:22 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, May 31 (IANS) A 20-year-old youth and an 18-year-old girl were found dead Tuesday in a field in Uttar Pradesh’s Ghaziabad, police said, adding that it could be a suicide.
According to police, the bodies of Mohit, son of Jogendra, and Aruna, daughter of Vikram - both residents of Dhidhar village - were found near a canal by some villagers.
There were bullet wounds on their heads and Mohit was found holding a pistol in his hand, Superintendent of Police (Rural) Arun Kumar said Tuesday.
According to villagers, the couple ended their life because their parents objected to their marriage.
“It seems the boy first shot dead the girl and then killed himself,” Kumar said.
- Nude mutilated body found on rail track - Mar 03, 2011
- Villagers lynch two dacoits - Jul 26, 2011
- Murder, suicide case could be honour killing: Police - Jul 12, 2010
- Man kills cousin to avenge sacking - Jul 11, 2010
- Spurned lover kills four, self (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Maoists kill 'police informer' - Jun 26, 2012
- Delhi cop who 'shoved' elderly man suspended - Mar 01, 2012
- 66-year-old pushed by Delhi cop, falls and dies - Feb 29, 2012
- Spurned lover kills four, self - Sep 03, 2012
- Man kills daughter's lover for family's honour - Sep 14, 2010
- Youth murdered by ex-lover's father - Jan 26, 2012
- Four engineering students booked for friend's death - Nov 23, 2010
- No breakthrough in Woodland manager's murder case - Jul 21, 2012
- Engineering student shoots self - Jan 22, 2011
- Technology institute's guard guns down burglar - Dec 05, 2010