Youth collapsing at police recruitment rally, diesJune 12th, 2012 - 1:19 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 11 (IANS) Suresh Bhujal, a youth from West Bengal’s Darjeeling district, Monday died in a state-run hospital days after falling sick during a physical endurance test for recruitment as police constable.
Bhujal, who had suffered a sunstroke after running 1,600 m during the test June 6, died of multi-organ failure at the SSKM hospital here.
“He was put on ventilation last Friday after he had breathing problems. He later lost consciousness. Haemo-dialysis was also done. But in the end he did not survive,’ said a hospital official.
Bhujal, resident of Kalimpong, is the second youth to lose his life after taking the test. Abhishek Paul died June 6 itself, hours after event.
- Critical Jyoti Basu undergoes haemo-dialysis - Jan 15, 2010
- Man escapes from police custody in Darjeeling - Jun 01, 2012
- Hospital to probe patient's death by 'rat bite' - Dec 24, 2011
- Jyoti Basu suffers multi-organ failure - Jan 15, 2010
- Sathya Sai Baba continues to be very critical - Apr 23, 2011
- Two more AMRI directors arrested, sent to police custody (Third Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
- Jyoti Basu showing signs of multi-organ failure: doctors (Lead) - Jan 15, 2010
- Jyoti Basu suffers multi-organ failure (Roundup) - Jan 16, 2010
- Jyoti Basu showing signs of multi-organ failure (Second Lead) - Jan 15, 2010
- Constable dies during endurance test - Feb 13, 2011
- Snake causes panic in Kolkata hospital - Aug 12, 2012
- Sai Baba's condition very critical, say doctors - Apr 21, 2011
- Quake kills six, injures over 100 in north Bengal - Sep 19, 2011
- Very critical Jyoti Basu on maximum ventilator support (Second lead) - Jan 16, 2010
- One injured, seven missing in Bengal accident - Jun 14, 2012
Tags: breathing problems, consciousness, darjeeling district, dialysis, endurance test, kalimpong, kolkata, last friday, organ failure, physical endurance, police constable, police recruitment, rally, sunstroke, suresh, ventilation, west bengal