Youth attack three traders in DelhiOctober 16th, 2008 - 10:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 16 (IANS) Three traders belonging to one family were attacked with knives by eight motorbike-borne youth over a trivial issue in central Delhi’s busy Karol Bagh market, police said Thursday.Sameer Khandelwal, owner of Shiv Auto Deals, his elder brother Jitendra Khandelwal, owner of Royal Furnishers, and his son Karan were Wednesday evening attacked by Vippy Kapoor, said to be close to a municipal councillor, and his associates - all declared bad characters of Karol Bagh area in police records, police said.
Some of the other assailants were identified as Rinku Malhotra, Kanwar, Vikas and Anil, police said.
When traders in Nai Wala area saw the three were being attacked, they gathered in hundreds to chase them away. The miscreants tried to flee on their motorbikes but got stuck at a traffic signal. The traders caught Kapoor and handed him over to police after roughing him up.
Sameer Khandelwal, who suffered injuries on the chest and left hand, said two of the accused had beat up a motorbike mechanic, Pradeep, with a heavy iron chain over some issue.
“When I objected, they started abusing me and said they would teach me a lesson. They came back with their associates and attacked me. My elder brother Jitendra and nephew Karan rushed to help me but they were also attacked,” said Sameer Khandelwal.
Police said they had launched search to nab the other accused.
- Central Delhi robbers elude police - Dec 30, 2009
- Municipal poll contestant shot in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 19, 2012
- Terror e-mail holds back shoppers in Delhi, suburbs - Sep 13, 2011
- Closed for Games, Delhi markets suffer losses - Oct 14, 2010
- Man shot at for opposing girl's harassment - Dec 04, 2011
- Cousin held for siblings' murder (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- One held for killing youth who protested sister's abusers - Feb 17, 2011
- A trader killed, another injured in Bokaro shooting - Jan 16, 2010
- 'Customers' loot jewellery shop in Delhi - May 15, 2011
- Youth lynched for killing village head - Dec 03, 2010
- 10 injured in Uttar Pradesh clash - Apr 11, 2011
- Highway heist in Ghaziabad - Aug 13, 2011
- Brothers killed, parents injured over parking brawl - May 30, 2012
- Car showroom manager stabbed to death - Jun 04, 2011
- Kolkata police yet to arrest two men for youth's killing - Feb 19, 2011