Young cricketer dies during game in PunjabJanuary 11th, 2009 - 10:02 pm ICT by IANS
Ferozepur (Punjab), Jan 11 (IANS) A young cricketer died in this border town of Punjab Sunday after being hit by a ball during a match, doctors said.Vinod Kumar, 19, was batting when a delivery from a fast bowler hit him on the chest during a local match at Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) ground here, 300 km from Chandigarh.
His teammates said that Kumar fell down after the ball hit him but was given water and a massage after which he resumed batting.
Within minutes of that, he collapsed again and was rushed to a nearby hospital by his teammates. Doctors at the hospital declared him dead.
Kumar was working for a private firm here.
- India still winless as first ODI abandoned (Roundup) - Sep 04, 2011
- Sensational Valthaty powers Kings XI to another comfortable win (Lead) - Apr 17, 2011
- We didn't bat intelligently towards the end: Gambhir - Apr 15, 2012
- Dhoni, Gilchrist all praise for Valthaty - Apr 13, 2011
- Indian batsmen struggle against England in Edgbaston Test (Roundup) - Aug 11, 2011
- Kings XI thrash Rajasthan Royals by 48 runs (Lead) - Apr 22, 2011
- India A 22/3 chasing 186 to win first 'Test' - Jun 05, 2012
- Bravo's ton puts West Indies in command at Wankhede - Nov 23, 2011
- Chargers restrict Rajasthan Royals to lowest total (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- Hussey, Gurkeerat keep Kings XI in playoff hunt (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Raina, Dhoni hold fort for India after Tendulkar departs (Tea report) - Jul 25, 2011
- Permaul, Thomas rescue West Indies A against India A - Jun 03, 2012
- Super Kings clinch last-ball thriller against Royal Challengers (Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
- India humiliate West Indies at Eden, lead series 2-0 - Nov 17, 2011
- England hammer West Indies in first ODI - Jun 17, 2012