Young actors reluctant to work with Dev Anand?August 31st, 2008 - 5:02 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 31 (IANS) Bollywood’s evergreen 84-year-old actor-cum-director Dev Anand is in high spirits while shooting for his new film “Chargesheet”, in which he has a plum role, but the unit’s young actors seem to have lost interest in working with him. Sameer Kochhar, who was roped in to play a negative role in “Chargesheet”, has opted out citing date problems.
“I’m no more part of ‘Chargesheet’. I’m not doing it. I have a lot of films for which I had already committed and am not able to adjust my dates for Dev saab’s film,” Sameer, who has worked in films like “Jannat”, “Bold” and “Zeher”, told IANS.
Dev Anand, while praising Sameer’s work, had said: “Sameer has expressive eyes and a good physique. I think he will play the perfect negative role in my movie.”
Anand signed Sameer much before the film went on the floors.
According to Sameer’s friend, the young actor had “reluctantly” given his nod for the film as he did not want to displease the veteran actor. But he finally made up his mind and quit the film.
“Dev-sahab had approached me too, but I did not accept the film offer,” said a prominent actor on condition of anonymity.
He said: “I felt working with him would not be feasible as I would not be able to give my suggestions and inputs as he is so senior. I, therefore, preferred to stay out of the film.”
The film, for which shooting began recently, stars Dev Anand as a CBI officer and Jackie Shroff along with a host of new comers.
- Birthday wishes for Dev Anand from B-Town - Sep 26, 2011
- No competition from Sakshi, Ram: Sameer Kochhar (With Images) - Aug 01, 2012
- There can never be a singer like Rafi: Lata Mangeshkar - Jul 31, 2011
- Evergreen actor Dev Anand dies in London - Dec 04, 2011
- Dev Anand was stylish and well-read: Vyjayanthimala - Dec 06, 2011
- Dev Anand's leading ladies remember their 'hero' - Dec 06, 2011
- Dev Anand: Bollywood's very own Peter Pan says adieu (Obituary) - Dec 04, 2011
- I always take criticism in my stride: Dev Anand - Oct 18, 2011
- Warner Bros. to distribute Dev Anand's film - Aug 10, 2011
- The Love Bird has gone: Thackeray grieves for Dev Anand - Dec 05, 2011
- At 84, Dev Anand plans for a hit film - Jul 21, 2008
- Dev Anand reserves his views on Hazare movement - Aug 25, 2011
- Dev Anand's ashes immersed in Godavari - Dec 14, 2011
- I was recognized with the sex-talk show -Sameer Kochhar - Feb 08, 2010
- Dev Anand gets ready to remake 'Hare Rama Hare Krishna' - Jul 28, 2010