Yogendra Makwana sounds bugle of dissidence in CongressNovember 9th, 2008 - 11:10 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, Nov 9 (IANS) All India Congress Committee’s Scheduled Castes cell president Yogendra Makwana, who has accused the party leadership of step-motherly treatment, Sunday said he has called a meeting of his “friends” on Nov 15 and would decide his future course of action after that.”I am not joining any political party. I have called for a meeting of ‘my friends’ in the Press Club of Delhi on Nov 15, and based on the outcome of the meeting will decide the future course of action,” Makwana said here Sunday.
He told IANS that since the Rajasthan elections are round the corner, out of the 200 seats his “friends” would like to contest 150 seats through a new party called National Bahujan Congress Party(NBC).
“My friends have told me that they will stick with me in whatever decision I take and that would be final. The final decision will only be taken at the Nov 15 meeting,” he said.
A Congress source said that Makwana had accused the Congress leadership of being anti-Dalit and of step-motherly behaviour towards him.
- Suspended TDP lawmaker hits back at Naidu - Jul 11, 2012
- Petrol hike: Angry Trinamool summons parliamentary party meet - Nov 04, 2011
- Congress leaders to mount pressure for Telangana - Jun 05, 2011
- Another legislator quits Congress, two more call on Jagan's mother - May 31, 2012
- TDP, TRS legislators to quit again, Congress still undecided (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- DMK backs Kanimozhi, says will fight 2G legally - Apr 27, 2011
- MNS exam plan makes civic candidates jittery - Nov 29, 2011
- BJP MPs walk out of 2G JPC meet, say no point in continuing (Second Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- Rallies in Andhra, Rayalaseema oppose Telangana state - Jul 08, 2011
- TDP, TRS legislators to again quit, Congress to decide Monday (Second Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- End bias against Tamil Nadu: AIADMK - Aug 27, 2012
- BJP mulls quitting JPC on 2G, says chairman 'dictatorial' (Third Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- Tamil Nadu hikes bus fares, milk prices - Nov 17, 2011
- Rahul's rally politically motivated: Mayawati - Jul 09, 2011
- Heat, power cuts and politics in Jammu (Letter from Jammu) - Jun 06, 2012