Yet another warrant for gangster Brijesh SinghMay 17th, 2008 - 9:51 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 17 (IANS) A city court Saturday issued one more warrant for gangster Brijesh Singh seeking his appearance June 3 for trial in an extortion case. Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Sanjeev Jain issued the warrant after Mumbai Police failed to present him before the court.
Mumbai Police had sought Singh’s custody Feb 4 so that he could be tried in a court there for his alleged involvement in a case of shooting at the J.J. Hospital in 1992.
He allegedly worked for mobster Dawood Ibrahim in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts, and is suspected of having links with some politicians.
The Special Cell of Delhi Police arrested him from Bhubaneswar last year after he eluded the police for 20 years. According to police, he had been living in the Orissa capital for the past few years and had obtained a fake passport in the name of Arun Kumar.
Singh is accused of demanding Rs.5 million from a business rival. Delhi Police registered an extortion case against him in October 2007.
- Chopper case: Romesh Sharma gets 10-year jail - Jul 23, 2012
- Yet another warrant issued for gangster Brijesh - Apr 19, 2008
- Chopper case: Romesh Sharma gets 10-year jail (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Yet another warrant for gangster Brijesh Singh - Jun 04, 2008
- Abu Salem gets bail, but to remain in jail - May 11, 2011
- Pakistan should hand over Dawood to India: Krishna - Oct 05, 2011
- Court acquits don Dawood Ibrahim's 'aide' - Apr 23, 2012
- Court seeks gangster Brijesh's presence for trial - Apr 04, 2008
- Portuguese Supreme Court cancels Abu Salem's extradition, CBI to appeal - Sep 27, 2011
- Dawood aide Iqbal Mirchi held in London: CBI - Oct 11, 2011
- I met Dawood Ibrahim once: Sanjay Dutt - Aug 15, 2012
- Court frames charges against Abu Salem - Dec 15, 2009
- India seeks Mirchi's extradition - Oct 12, 2011
- Dawood is in Pakistan: Chidambaram - May 12, 2011
- Former cricketer sent to police custody for immigration racket (Second Lead) - Apr 27, 2011