Yet another warrant for gangster Brijesh SinghJune 4th, 2008 - 12:06 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 3 (IANS) A city court Tuesday issued yet another warrant for gangster Brijesh Singh seeking his appearance July 24 for trial in an extortion case after Mumbai Police once again failed to produce him before it. Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kanwaljeet Arora issued the warrant.
Mumbai Police had sought Singh’s custody Feb 4 so that he could be tried in a court there for his alleged involvement in a case of shooting at the J.J. Hospital in 1992.
He allegedly worked for mobster Dawood Ibrahim in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts, and is suspected of having links with some politicians.
The Special Cell of Delhi Police arrested him from Bhubaneswar Jan 24 after he eluded the police for 20 years. According to police, he had been living in the Orissa capital for the past few years and had obtained a fake passport in the name of Arun Kumar.
Singh is accused of demanding Rs.5 million from a business rival. Delhi Police registered an extortion case against him in October 2007.
- Yet another warrant for gangster Brijesh Singh - May 17, 2008
- Yet another warrant issued for gangster Brijesh - Apr 19, 2008
- Abu Salem gets bail, but to remain in jail - May 11, 2011
- Chopper case: Romesh Sharma gets 10-year jail - Jul 23, 2012
- Chopper case: Romesh Sharma gets 10-year jail (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Delhi court seeks Brijesh Singh's presence for trial - Mar 10, 2008
- Court acquits don Dawood Ibrahim's 'aide' - Apr 23, 2012
- Abu Salem gets bail in extortion case - Jun 26, 2012
- Pakistan should hand over Dawood to India: Krishna - Oct 05, 2011
- I'm super excited to play Dawood Ibrahim: Sonu Sood - Apr 18, 2012
- Gangster arrested in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 10, 2012
- Court rejects Dawood sister's plea - Aug 23, 2011
- Court grants Romesh Sharma bail - Feb 02, 2010
- Court seeks gangster Brijesh's presence for trial - Apr 04, 2008
- Abu Salem gets bail in extortion case (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012