Yechuri wants ‘justice’ for TamilsMarch 13th, 2012 - 6:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 13 (IANS) CPI-M leader Sitaram Yechury said Tuesday that Tamils in Sri Lanka deserved “justice”.
“India must exercise its influence… Justice should be given to the Tamil population in Sri Lanka,” Yechury said here.
Yechury’s comments came a day after fresh video footage showed that Sri Lankan security forces had shot dead the 12-year-old son of Tamil Tigers chief Velupillai Prabhakaran in May 2009.
- Probe Sri Lanka killings, CPI-M says - Mar 13, 2012
- India non-committal on Sri Lanka 'war crimes' (Roundup) - Mar 14, 2012
- India non-committal on 'war crimes', studying 'sentiments'(Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- AIADMK unhappy with PM over Sri Lanka (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Rajya Sabha adjourned over Sri Lanka `war crimes' (Second Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Tamil Nadu parties again demand India back US UNHRC resolution - Mar 13, 2012
- Ensure safety of Sri Lankans in India: Amnesty - Sep 06, 2012
- India wanted LTTE 'put in its place': Norway report - Nov 11, 2011
- A Sri Lankan Tamil who could have made a difference (Comment) - Nov 19, 2011
- Probe rights abuses, CPI-M tells Colombo - Aug 07, 2011
- Grave of LTTE chief's mother 'desecrated' by leaving dead dogs at site - Feb 25, 2011
- Uproar in parliament over Sri Lanka's 'war crimes' (Third Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Solheim to visit Sri Lanka -- to mend fences - Oct 18, 2010
- Sri Lanka refuses entry to Indian politicians - Feb 22, 2011
- A candid post-mortem of the LTTE (Book Review) - Jul 16, 2012