Wreckage of missing Chinese relief chopper foundJune 10th, 2008 - 3:19 pm ICT by IANS
Chengdu, June 10 (Xinhua) Searchers Tuesday found the wreckage of the missing military helicopter engaged in quake relief sorties and bodies of all the 19 passengers on board in a mountainous region of southwest China. The debris of the Mi-171 helicopter was found in the bushes northwest of Yingxiu township located near the epicentre of the devastating May 12 earthquake that killed some 70,000 people, military sources said.
Militia and reservists mobilised by the Chengdu Military Area Command found the missing chopper.
The transport helicopter crashed May 31 while transferring 14 injured local residents from the township in Sichuan province.
The aircraft was reported to have encountered strong turbulence and fog.
- Search continues for crashed China quake relief helicopter - Jun 02, 2008
- Inclement weather hampers quake relief - Sep 21, 2011
- Tribals find crashed chopper, Khandu's mutilated body (Night Lead) - May 04, 2011
- Four killed in Turkish military helicopter crash - Jul 23, 2012
- Eight killed in helicopter crash in Kazakhstan - Mar 12, 2010
- Arunachal chief minister's helicopter crash site located: Chidambaram - May 04, 2011
- With ISRO lead, rescuers search for missing chopper - May 03, 2011
- Indian state minister killed in helicopter crash - May 04, 2011
- Crashed MiG's one engine found, no trace of pilot - Oct 27, 2011
- IAF choppers join quake relief in Sikkim - Sep 20, 2011
- Russia to showcase helicopter at Berlin air show - Sep 11, 2012
- Arunachal MP puts Pawan Hans in dock, blames poor upkeep for crash - Apr 21, 2011
- Four military personnel dead in helicopter crash in northeast India - Apr 22, 2011
- Dorjee Khandu's body being brought to Itanagar - May 05, 2011
- Russia to make Mi-171 helicopters for China - Aug 21, 2012