Worried about failing in exams, girl commits suicideMarch 28th, 2009 - 11:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 28 (IANS) A 12-year-old girl, apparently worried about failing in school examinations, committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling in her home in east Delhi, the police said Saturday.
“The girl was a student of Class 4 and had failed in exams last year. Her results were expected in a few days and she feared she would fail again. She committed suicide on Saturday by hanging herself form the ceiling when no one was at home in Jwala Nagar,” a police officer said.
“Her parents are labourers. The victim was next to the eldest among five children. No suicide note is found from the spot,” the police officer added.
The police did not suspect any foul play and were investigating.
- Two Class 12 girls commit suicide - Jun 11, 2011
- Delhi doctor's body found hanging in house (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Engineering student kills self - Nov 05, 2011
- Delhi woman hangs herself over harassment, husband arrested - Aug 15, 2012
- Girl hangs herself to death in Delhi - Jun 25, 2012
- Girl commits suicide after spat over food - Jun 27, 2011
- Horrible week for Karnataka students: Girl made to beg, two dead - Mar 28, 2012
- 12-year-old girl commits suicide in Delhi - May 22, 2012
- Woman in debt kills self - Feb 22, 2012
- Medical student commits suicide in AIIMS - Mar 04, 2012
- Class 10 student commits suicide - Aug 11, 2010
- Mother kills daughter, commits suicide - Jul 04, 2011
- Girl attempts suicide after obscene MMS clip circulated - Dec 31, 2011
- Woman doctor commits suicide in Delhi - Mar 18, 2011
- Two cases of suicide in Gurgaon - May 02, 2012