World’s oldest person turns 115August 28th, 2011 - 5:14 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 28 (IANS) The world’s oldest person - Besse Cooper - has turned 115. On the secret to her long life, she said: “I mind my own business. And I don’t eat junk food.”
Cooper’s birthday was recently celebrated at her residence in Monroe, Georgia, The Telegraph said.
A Guinness World Records representative delivered Cooper a plaque that certifies her as the oldest person on earth.
Her son, 76-year-old Sidney Cooper said: “She still remembers things and thinks clearly and talks. But she has her good days and her bad days. I’d say she sleeps about 80 percent of the time.”
Born in Tennessee in 1896, Besse Cooper moved to Georgia during World War I. She married her husband Luther in 1924, and they had four children. Today, she has 12 grandchildren and more than a dozen great-grandchildren.
- US great-great-grandmother named world's oldest living person at 114 - Mar 11, 2011
- 114-year-old Brazilian enters Guinness record - May 19, 2011
- World's oldest person Maria Gomes Valentim dies at the age of 114 years - Jun 22, 2011
- World's oldest person celebrates 116th birthday - Aug 28, 2012
- World's Oldest Person Aged 130 Years Living In Russia - Jul 10, 2010
- 'World's oldest man' dies at 114 - Apr 15, 2011
- World's oldest twin sisters celebrate 101st birthday - Jan 05, 2011
- Oldest person in the world dies aged 114 - Nov 05, 2010
- Welsh gran, 103, is world's oldest Facebooker who uses iPad for updates - Dec 16, 2010
- 119-year-old woman dies in Mexico - Nov 20, 2009
- World's 'oldest' person dies - Feb 01, 2011
- 103-year-old woman is Facebook's oldest user - Dec 16, 2010
- Brit siblings are world's oldest family with combined age of almost 500yrs - Oct 23, 2010
- Brit woman, 111, says honey is the secret to her longevity - May 24, 2010
- World's Oldest Person died - Nov 28, 2008