World Junior Squash - Anaka in round of 16July 22nd, 2011 - 2:19 pm ICT by IANS
Boston, July 22 (IANS) India’s Anaka Alankamony reached the pre-quarterfinals of the World Women’s Junior Squash Championships at Harvard, defeating Canadian Alix Younger in straight games Thursday.
Anaka, the 17-year old from Chennai and winner of the Asian Under-19 title last month, dominated the match with her aggressive play to win 11-8, 11-4, 11-8, in 21 in minutes and will next play top seeded Nour El Tayeb of Egypt.
Meanwhile, Erode-born 17-year-old Aparajitha Balamurukan went down 6-11, 5-11, 6-11, to 3/4 seed Nour El Sherbini from Egypt.
Aparajitha played some exciting squash and stayed with Sherbini for many rallies. However, Sherbini, the 15-year old 2009 World Junior Champion was too superior and won with a measure of comfort.
- Aparajitha, Anaka advance in women's junior squash - Jul 21, 2011
- Indian girls finish fourth in World junior squash - Jul 31, 2011
- Dipika loses to Nour - Jun 29, 2010
- Egypt too good for India in U-21 Squash World Cup - Feb 02, 2012
- Anaka goes down fighting in squash championship - Jul 23, 2011
- Dipika in semis; Anaka bows out - Jun 28, 2010
- World Junior Squash: Aparajitha rallies to win - Jul 09, 2012
- Anaka, Mahesh head Indian challenge in world junior squash - Jul 06, 2012
- Anaka in quarterfinals of British Open junior squash - Jan 04, 2012
- Anaka, Joshna in last 8 of Chennai Open squash - May 23, 2012
- India in tough pool for U-21 Squash World Cup - Jan 29, 2012
- World Junior Squash: Anaka, Mahesh in last eight - Jul 10, 2012
- Indian girls team makes semifinals of World junior squash - Jul 29, 2011
- National Squash championship: Malik ousts Jangra - Dec 08, 2011
- India's Mahesh, Anaka second in world junior squash - Jan 11, 2012