Working on television not easy: Priya Bhatija (With Image)July 20th, 2011 - 3:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 20 (IANS) Priya Bhatija, currently seen in Imagine TV’s “Dwarkadheesh: Bhagwan Shri Krishna” as Rukmini, says working on television is not easy.
“Before I came into television I thought it’s a very easy job. You have to just say your lines and move on. But after being a part of it, I have realised it’s not easy. There is a lot of hard work involved, so many technicalities involved,” Priya told IANS on phone from Vadodara.
Priya was launched by Ekta Kapoor with her show “Khwaish” in 2007. After that the actress was seen in serials like “Basera”, “Kasamh Se”, “Ram Milayee Jodi” and most recently “Baba Aiso Var Dhoondo”.
This is her first mythological show and the actress is completely in love with her character in “Dwarkadheesh: Bhagwan Shri Krishna”.
“I was a little sceptical about it, but now I am totally in love with my character. Everybody knows about Radha-Krishna love story and how Krishna killed Kansa. Very few people know what happened after that and about Rukmini and Krishna, and Krishna as a ruler,” said Priya, who has shifted her base to Vadodara for the show.
“I really didn’t get any time to prepare for the role but I am trying my best and putting in my 100 percent. I hope I am able to connect with the audience and they like me as Rukmini. I faced a little problem while pronouncing some Sanskrit words, otherwise everything just went with the flow.”
“I am never satisfied with my work. I always think I could have done it in a better way. I don’t consider myself as an actor yet. Everyday is a learning process for me,” said Priya, who is married to TV actor Jatin Shah of “Bandini” fame.
- Lord Krishna's untold story now on small screen - Jun 27, 2011
- Imagine Looks For Its Next - Sep 03, 2010
- Imagine's 'Baba Aiso Var Dhoondo' From 13th September? - Aug 31, 2010
- Priya, Ridhi Dogra Out Of DJ's Show? - Jul 13, 2010
- Ashita Dhawan In A Zombie State - Sep 25, 2010
- 'New show is about physically challenged people' - Sep 30, 2010
- Juhi is the new inspiration on Indian Television! - Sep 21, 2010
- Experiments work in films, not in TV: Ram Kapoor (Interview) - May 25, 2011
- Hema Malini, Jaya Prada to be honoured - Nov 11, 2011
- Bharti's Troubles Worsen on 'Baba Aiso Varr Dhoondo' - Sep 25, 2010
- Prachi, Neha thank moms for their support - May 10, 2012
- Men make mark in women's world of TV soaps - Jul 18, 2010
- Waiting for Love: Amit Jain says no to sex! - Aug 28, 2009
- Fiction to out-of-box content, Imagine TV gets real - Jan 12, 2011
- 'I am feeling blessed to be a dwarf' -Juhi Aslam - Sep 24, 2010