Won’t utter single word against Bhardwaj: YeddyurappaMay 24th, 2011 - 7:00 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, May 24 (IANS) Karnataka Chief Minister B.S. Yeddyurappa Tuesday said he would not “utter a single word” against Governor H.R. Bhardwaj, leaving the campaign for his recall to the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
“I will not utter a single word against him. But the party has full freedom to carry on what it feels right,” he told reporters here.
This is not the first time that Yeddyurappa has made such a declaration. In the past too he had said he would refrain from talking about the governor but went back on his word within days, slamming Bhardwaj for “needlessly criticising my government”.
Yeddyurappa and the BJP had launched a campaign for Bhardwaj’s recall following his recommendation to dismiss the state government. The central government Sunday rejected Bhardwaj’s recommendation. It has also ruled out recalling Bhardwaj.
On his relations with the governor, Yeddyurappa said: “As long as he sits in that chair, we have to give respect and I will act accordingly”.
The chief minister said there was no need for him to seek another trust vote following the Supreme Court restoring the membership of 16 lawmakers — 11 from the BJP and five independents. They were disqualified in October last for rebelling against Yeddyurappa.
He said he had “clear majority in the assembly” as the 11 lawmakers had expressed their support to him.
- BJP hits road against Karnataka governor - May 21, 2011
- Crackers burst, sweets shared as Yeddyuappa survives - May 23, 2011
- Yeddyurappa gets rousing reception; Chidambaram says Bhardwaj stays (Lead) - May 23, 2011
- Bhardwaj agrees for assembly meet, BJP firm on recall - May 23, 2011
- Yeddyurappa threatens stir, opposition firm on ouster (Lead) - May 19, 2011
- NDA leaders meet PM over Karnataka, demand governor's dismissal - May 16, 2011
- Yeddyurappa safe, for now - May 15, 2011
- BJP sets May 25 deadline for Bhardwaj's recall - May 20, 2011
- BJP threatens nation-wide stir to save Karnataka ministry - May 22, 2011
- Congress demands Yeddyurappa's ouster; governor meets PM (Lead) - May 14, 2011
- Karnataka battle: NDA leaders meet PM; Yeddyurappa, MLAs to meet president (Roundup) - May 16, 2011
- Yeddyurappa survives, gets 16 rebels support (Lead) - May 15, 2011
- Yeddyurappa woos rebel law makers, Congress says quit - May 14, 2011
- Yeddyurappa confident PM will reject Bhardwaj's move - May 16, 2011
- Troubled anniversaries for key players in Karnataka suspense - May 22, 2011