Women’s commission meets Nupur TalwarMay 30th, 2008 - 8:02 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 30 (IANS) Nupur Talwar, mother of murder victim Aarushi Talwar, Friday provided to the National Commission for Women (NCW) the sequence of events in the sensational crime in which the family’s domestic help was also killed. The NCW will now forward this to the Noida police that is investigating the case. “We spoke to her for 25 minutes alone in her home and she gave us the details about what happened on the fateful day. We will be providing her statement to the Noida police,” NCW member Nirmala Venkatesh told IANS.
“We met Nupur because we wanted to give support to a traumatised mother whose child has been killed and whose husband has been arrested for the murders,” Venkatesh said.
“She has given us some clues and we would pass the information to the police,” added Venkatesh, who along with the commission’s advocate also inspected the crime scene.
She said at the moment, the commission was not summoning the police to question them for their statements that amounted to Aarushi’s character assassination. The NCR has sought an explanation from the police and will proceed further after this is received.
“The commission may summon the police but not now for sure. Once the commission is ready with all the details, we will then decide on the course of action. We also want to give some time to the police to complete their investigation,” Venkatesh said.
Women and Child Development Minister Renuka Chowdhury has also criticised the Uttar Pradesh police for its “character assassination” of Aarushi, while a child rights panel has sought an explanation for their “objectionable” statements.
To this, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati Thursday asked the centre to desist from playing politics in the case, even as she wanted the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to take over the probe into the twin murders.
Aarushi was found dead with her throat slit in her Jal Vayu Vihar apartment here May 16. The police initially named domestic help Hemraj as the prime accused but backtracked after his dead body was found on the building’s terrace May 17.
Talwar was arrested May 23. Police said he killed Aarushi in a fit of rage as he objected to her closeness to Hemraj.
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI - Aug 13, 2012
- Hemraj's wife moves court saying Talwars killed him - Mar 26, 2011
- Justice will one day prevail, say Rajesh and Nupur Talwar - Jun 07, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail order Wednesday (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Aarushi case closure unfortunate: Krishna Tirath - Dec 30, 2010
- Gate of Talwars' flat was locked from outside: Maid - Sep 03, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Court reserves order on Nupur Talwar's bail - May 01, 2012
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Nupur Talwar points to inconsistencies in CBI probe - May 04, 2012
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Fourth Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Girija Vyas writes to home, law minister for Aarushi case - Dec 31, 2010
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail - Jul 03, 2012