Women immolates self, parents alleges dowry deathApril 17th, 2009 - 9:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 17 (IANS) A 25-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide by immolating herself in Rajouri Garden here, the police said Friday.
The police came to know about the incident after a neighbour of the victim, Manorama, reported the crime.
“Manorama’s husband told the police that they had an argument in the (Thursday) afternoon, after which she poured kerosene and set herself on fire,” said a police official.
The police said that Manorama was taken to the Deen Dayal Hospital from where she was shifted to Safdarjung Hospital with 90 percent burns. She died Friday morning.
Meanwhile, Manorama’s parents have alleged that she was been killed for dowry.
“Prima facie evidence suggests that she could have committed suicide. However, we are investigating the matter,” added the police.
Manorama was married to Anil for seven years and they have two children.
- Cancer patient commits suicide - Aug 18, 2012
- Five people commit suicide in Delhi - Oct 07, 2011
- Woman dies after jumping from metro station terrace - May 04, 2012
- Woman sets herself ablaze over dowry harassment - Jun 25, 2011
- Rape victim succumbs to burn injuries - Apr 18, 2012
- Congress leader dies in mysterious circumstances - Aug 10, 2012
- Delhi doctor's body found hanging in house (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Woman forced into prostitution by husband ends life - Apr 16, 2012
- Harassed over dowry, woman commits suicide - May 10, 2011
- Women critically injured after immolation attempt - Mar 20, 2011
- Two attempt self-immolation, 78-year-old dead - Mar 10, 2011
- Minor girl dies of burns, kin allege rape, murder - Jun 25, 2011
- Foreign exchange agent found strangled - Aug 31, 2011
- Newly-wed woman commits suicide in Delhi - Apr 26, 2012
- Woman sets herself on fire in Delhi - Apr 30, 2012