Women held for trying to block Mayawati’s convoyFebruary 6th, 2011 - 10:31 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Feb 6 (IANS) Three women were arrested on charges of trying to block Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati’s convoy in Aligarh by lying down on the road, police said Sunday.Brij Lal, special director general of police, told reporters here that the women were arrested Saturday minutes before the chief minister’s convoy passed.
Two of them were identified as Chandrawati and the third as Sunita.
Chandrawati’s family members told mediapersons that she had no intention to block Mayawati’s path.
The idea was to draw the chief minister’s attention to the alleged involvement of T.J. Singh, rural engineering services minister, behind the “unlawful” arrest of her husband, they said.
The other Chandrawati had a similar grouse as her husband too was arrested a day earlier on the charge of making innocuous inquiries about the construction of a helipad for the chief minister in Salempur village of Aligarh district.
The third woman, Sunita, wanted to urge Mayawati to get the police to taking immediate action in the murder of her father, who was found dead on the terrace of their home.
Sunita suspected the involvement of yet another cabinet minister, Jaiveer Singh, in her father’s murder.
- Protesting women block Mayawati's convoy in Aligarh - Feb 06, 2011
- Mayawati's special envoy defuses Aligarh crisis - Aug 17, 2010
- Mayawati orders arrest of party leader - Jun 19, 2011
- BSP MP arrested in murder case - Dec 11, 2011
- Woman commits suicide, six held in dowry case - Jun 14, 2012
- Two BSP leaders held for 2009 arson attack - Mar 04, 2011
- Woman found murdered in Ghaziabad - Sep 14, 2012
- Two more rapes, an attempted rape in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 22, 2011
- Congress to move court for CBI probe in Uttar Pradesh crimes - Jul 01, 2011
- Three arrested for kidnapping child - Jan 18, 2012
- Non-resident Indian woman jumps to death from 14th floor - Dec 18, 2011
- 'Honour killing' victims make dramatic reappearance (Second Lead) - May 10, 2010
- Farmers block Aligarh highway for higher compensation - Aug 15, 2010
- Brij Lal to be Uttar Pradesh police chief - Oct 01, 2011
- Mayawati quits as UP chief minister (Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
Tags: aligarh, brij, cabinet minister, chief minister, convoy, engineering services, family members, grouse, helipad, inquiries, intention, lal, rural engineering, sunita, three women, unlawful arrest