Women delivers baby near lift in Noida hospitalNovember 17th, 2011 - 11:48 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, Nov 17 (IANS) Denied admission in the emergency ward, a woman delivered a baby outside the elevator of a district hospital in Noida Thursday morning, her husband said.
Karuna, a resident of Sector 8 in Noida, gave birth to a boy while she was being taken to the out-patient department (OPD) from the emergency ward.
The hospital administration has formed a committee to probe the incident. “The case will be properly investigated from all angles. We are yet to record the statements of the patient’s family. A report will be submitted to the additional director of state health department soon,” said Chief Medical Superintendent Meena Mishra.
The woman’s husband Bashir said: “We first went to the emergency ward situated on the fourth floor. We told the doctors that her condition was bad, but they refused to hear us and asked us to take her to the OPD.”
“While we were bringing her down in the lift, her pain suddenly intensified and she started screaming. On seeing her collapse in the lift, we stopped it on the first floor and took her out of it. Within a few minutes, she delivered the child,” he said.
- Lahore doctors' strike continues - Jun 23, 2012
- AIIMS, Safdurjung hospitals unaffected by power crisis - Jul 31, 2012
- Carla Bruni interacts with HIV patients at Delhi hospital (Lead) - Dec 06, 2010
- Woman gives birth outside hospital, baby dies - Mar 02, 2011
- Woman falls to death in Noida, husband detained - Apr 14, 2012
- Woman crushed to death by elevator - Dec 09, 2011
- Bruni meets AIDS patients, dazzles Delhi (Second Lead) - Dec 06, 2010
- Patient takes revenge on hospital for 'ruined' sex - May 14, 2012
- Standards for AYUSH medical colleges to be raised - May 10, 2011
- Katie Thacker gives birth to baby on a Tacoma elevator - Jan 23, 2012
- Dental college students call off stir as principal removed - Feb 07, 2011
- Haryana to bring health services at par with private sector - Aug 12, 2011
- Mamata slams doctors for fuelling dengue scare - Sep 04, 2012
- Chinese woman gives birth in shopping mall - Jul 16, 2012
- Bengal hospital gets clean chit in patient denial case - Jan 15, 2012