Woman with son jumps before train, killedJuly 15th, 2008 - 7:33 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 15 (IANS) A woman, along with her one-and-half-year-old son, committed suicide Tuesday by jumping before a train in West Bengal’s Hoogly district allegedly following dowry demands from her in-laws, the police said. “Punam Sahu jumped in front of a passenger train along with her one-and-half-year-old son at Hoogly’s Gobra Station Tuesday. She was being allegedly pressurised by her in-laws for dowry,” a police official said.
Sahu went to live at her parental house after her husband was detected with cancer a few months ago.
“Sahu’s in-laws followed her there and kept on pressurising her for dowry. When she refused, they threatened to snatch away her son,” the police official said.
- Woman commits suicide, six held in dowry case - Jun 14, 2012
- Delhi woman killed by in-laws, husband - May 05, 2012
- Dowry demand leads woman to suicide - Apr 19, 2012
- Woman dies after jumping from metro station terrace - May 04, 2012
- Harassed for dowry, woman kills self, son in Rajasthan - Jun 03, 2012
- Three held in Bengal for forcing woman to foetus sex test - Aug 07, 2012
- CRPF trooper's wife found dead, dowry case filed - May 25, 2012
- Married woman commits suicide, in-laws booked - Jan 28, 2012
- Woman sets herself ablaze over dowry harassment - Jun 25, 2011
- Three commit suicide as daughter-in-law files case - Jul 20, 2012
- Woman jumps to death in Gurgaon - Jun 06, 2012
- Harassed over dowry, woman commits suicide - May 10, 2011
- Woman jumps from Metro station, dies (Second Lead) - May 03, 2012
- At 75, she wants her dowry back - Jun 03, 2011
- Delhi woman commits suicide - May 13, 2012