Woman wins case for injuries during sex while on dutyApril 21st, 2012 - 6:14 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, April 21 (IANS) An Australian woman has won a court battle to seek workers’ compensation after being injured while having sex in a motel room when a light fitting fell on her head. The woman was on a work-related tour.
The woman, in her late 30s, was working in human relations for a government agency which had sent her to a town in New South Wales, where she and a colleague conducted budget reviews and met local staff. She was booked into a motel, the Sydney Morning Herald reported.
A judge ruled that the woman was hurt during the course of her employment because she had been sent in November 2007 on a job in the small rural town where she had checked into the motel, the Daily Mail reported.
The court said the woman, whose name hasn’t been released, is entitled to compensation for facial and psychological injuries suffered when a light fixture fell off the wall in her motel room.
The male friend she had gone to bed with testified that they were “having sex” and he did not know if they bumped the light above the bed or whether it just fell off.
“I think she was on her back when it happened, but I was not paying attention because we were rolling around,” he said in his statement.
Justice John Nicholas of the Australian Federal Court agreed with the woman’s barrister that she was hurt during the course of her employment while visiting the town.
- Sex worker sues motel for refusing room - Jul 23, 2012
- US woman jailed for shooting sex tape with son - Jun 24, 2012
- School mistress says she gave sex education to abused boys - Dec 02, 2010
- Woman wearing skinny jeans can't be raped: Australian court - May 02, 2010
- Indian-American woman murdered in California motel - Jul 12, 2012
- Female teacher jailed for sex with boys - Dec 21, 2010
- Of toilets and Mamataspeak (West Bengal newsletter) - Apr 22, 2012
- Swimsuit model held for heading global drug ring - Mar 18, 2012
- UK tourist 'dies after receiving silicone bottom jabs' - Feb 09, 2011
- Cop dies during a threesome, widow wins $3 million in compensation - Jun 12, 2012
- Women wearing skinny jeans 'can't be raped', rules Oz court - May 01, 2010
- Three university students charged for voyeurism in UK court - Mar 09, 2011
- Australian victims given drugs for sexual favours - Jul 11, 2010
- Jack Tweed says sex was consensual - Apr 21, 2010
- Delhi woman strangled to death inside her room - May 25, 2012
Tags: australian woman, budget reviews, colleague, daily mail, government agency, hasn, having sex, human relations, job, john nicholas, light fixture, male friend, morning herald, motel room, new south wales, paying attention, psychological injuries, sydney morning herald, workers compensation