Woman who strip-walked against in-laws, now beats copApril 13th, 2008 - 7:10 pm ICT by admin
Rajkot, April 13(IANS) Last year she stripped and walked streets semi-nude to protest alleged harassment by her in-laws. Pooja Chauhan, 23, is again in news for assaulting a police officer on duty. Pooja called the Gandhigram police Saturday afternoon complaining that she was not allowed by her neighbours to collect water from a water tanker.
The police reached the spot but by then the tanker had left. Angry over their late arrival, a furious Pooja marched to the police station around 2 p.m.
She allegedly abused and assaulted a lady police officer, Dayabahen Gondalia, there and smashed windowpanes and a glass door of police inspector H.S. Zala’s office with a baseball bat.
The rampage went on for half an hour before she was arrested.
Pooja has been booked for assaulting police officer on duty, misbehaviour and breach of arms act under sections 353, 504 and 188 of IPC, the Gandhigram police told IANS Sunday.
She made headlines July 7, 2007 when she was caught on camera walking down Race Course Road here in her undergarments, carrying a baseball bat. She alleged harassment by husband, mother-in-law Hansa and neighbour Ranchhod Parmar over dowry.
She has now come to terms with her husband and is living with her in-laws.
On March 14, she had once again threatened to walk semi-nude if the police failed to take action against her neighbours, whom she had accused of harassing her.
Fearing another scandal, the police arrested four of her neighbours. They too filed a complaint against Pooja for threatening and assaulting them.
- Woman commits suicide, six held in dowry case - Jun 14, 2012
- Married woman commits suicide, in-laws booked - Jan 28, 2012
- Woman sets herself ablaze over dowry harassment - Jun 25, 2011
- Woman jumps from Metro station, dies (Second Lead) - May 03, 2012
- Harassed for dowry, woman kills self, son in Rajasthan - Jun 03, 2012
- Three commit suicide as daughter-in-law files case - Jul 20, 2012
- Delhi woman killed by in-laws, husband - May 05, 2012
- Woman dies after jumping from metro station terrace - May 04, 2012
- Dumb woman killed, body chopped in Bihar - Apr 17, 2012
- Harassed over dowry, woman commits suicide - May 10, 2011
- CRPF trooper's wife found dead, dowry case filed - May 25, 2012
- Police told to give Mumbai woman her 'dowry' money - Feb 16, 2011
- Boy found semi-nude in girl's room lynched - Jul 19, 2010
- Woman assaulted, raped by neighbour - Apr 03, 2011
- Punjab advocate-general's mother-in-law murdered in Chandigarh home - Jan 07, 2011