Woman who duped six ‘husbands’ heldFebruary 23rd, 2012 - 1:13 am ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Feb 22 (IANS) A 25-year-old woman was arrested in Rajasthan for duping at least six men whom she married before disappearing with gold and other valuables, police said. Two men who helped her have also been arrested.Sangeeta Devi, a resident of Banda in Sriganganagar district, and her accomplices, Parmesh and Krishna Kumar, belonging to Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh, were arrested Tuesday in Dholpur, some 200 km from Jaipur.
“Complainant Durgaprasad had registered a first information report with police that a woman had disappeared with gold and other valuables a few days after she married his son,” a police officer told IANS.
He added that Krishna and Parmesh had played the role of mediator when the marriage was arranged. “After lodging the FIR, we came to know that a racket of duping bachelor youths was active in the area,” the officer added.
The woman was traced on the basis of mobile call locations of the suspects and was arrested when she was trying to board a bus Tuesday evening.
“Sangeeta and two men were rounded up and interrogated. It came up that the woman using different fake names had duped at least six men in the past,” said the officer.
The police have seized some jewellery from them. “Some others involved in the racket have also been identified. We are trying to nab them,” said the officer.
- Women arrested for cheating 'husbands' - May 29, 2012
- Woman rescued from human trafficking gang in Rajasthan - Jul 31, 2012
- Rajasthan woman sells son for Rs.40,000, held - Aug 09, 2012
- Hospital guard held for selling blood - Sep 30, 2011
- Three held with fake currency in Rajasthan's Bharatpur - Jul 02, 2012
- Groom stranded as bride flees with money - Sep 03, 2012
- International prostitution racket busted in Delhi - May 30, 2012
- Driver arrested for molesting French tourist - Sep 04, 2012
- Soldier, another arrested for 'magic mirror' fraud - Apr 24, 2012
- Bear mauls two men to death - Mar 06, 2012
- Two more arrested in Rajasthan's multi-million rupee fraud - Feb 18, 2012
- Rajasthan Police sub-inspector arrested for bribery - Aug 20, 2012
- Three held for fraud - Dec 27, 2011
- 'Rajasthan Police arrested man on false charge' - Apr 12, 2012
- Fake currency seized in Rajasthan - Jun 16, 2012
Tags: accomplices, bachelor, complainant, fake names, few days, fir, gold, information report, jewellery, krishna kumar, marriage, mediator, old woman, parmesh, police officer, rajasthan, six men, tuesday evening, two men