Woman thrown out of train for resisting robberyApril 13th, 2011 - 10:32 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, April 13 (IANS) A 25-year-old woman was thrown out of a running train and lost her limb near Uttar Pradesh’s Barielly town after she resisted a robbery attempt, police said.
“Arunima Sinha, a law student on her way to Gautambudh Nagar to appear a recruitment board of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), was attacked by unidentified goons indulging in extortion on the train,” a plice spokesperson said.
“The victim was found in an unconscious state along the tracks about 15 km from Barielly in the early hours of Tuesday. She was picked up by the railway police and admitted to the Barielly district hospital, where she regained consciousness only today (Wednesday).” Bareilly is over 250 km from here.
No arrests have been made in the case.
Sinha was attacked for resisting a chain-snatching attempt by men who were alsomintimidating other passengers on the train. She boarded the train from Lucknow.
“She lost one lower limb under the wheels of another train passing on the adjoining track,” the spokesman said.
- Woman thrown out of train for resisting robbery (Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- Attacked sportswoman wants to set up sports academy - Apr 16, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh offers job to injured Arunima - Apr 18, 2011
- Injured Arunima's condition now stable, say doctors (Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- Injured Arunima to be shifted to AIIMS - Apr 18, 2011
- Volleyball player who lost leg offered railway job, aid hiked (Second Lead) - Apr 14, 2011
- Thanks for the job, but need justice, says attacked athlete - Apr 14, 2011
- Attacked sportswoman undergoes another amputation - Apr 17, 2011
- Injured Arunima to be shifted to AIIMS (Lead) - Apr 18, 2011
- Assaulted sportswoman trained in beauty care - Jul 26, 2011
- Many holes in Arunima's story, say railway police - Apr 26, 2011
- Injured Arunima's condition stable, say doctors - Apr 19, 2011
- Arunima recovering, mother thanks AIIMS - Apr 21, 2011
- Court tells railways to pay Rs.5 lakh relief to Arunima - Apr 20, 2011
- Jaipur Foot to help sports star who lost leg - Apr 17, 2011
Tags: bareilly, central industrial security, central industrial security force cisf, consciousness, extortion, goons, lost one, lower limb, old woman, railway police, recruitment board, robbery attempt, security force, spokesman, spokesperson, train, unconscious state, uttar pradesh, wheels