Woman, three grand children slaughtered in RajasthanApril 16th, 2012 - 10:24 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, April 16 (IANS) A 60-year-old woman and her three grandchildren, aged between 8 and 13, were found slaughtered in their house in a village on the city’s outskirts Monday, police said.
Police said the woman, Shravani Devi, appeared to have struggled with the unidentified assailants but the children — Ramjilal, 13, Keshanta, 10 and Kavita, 8, — were killed in their sleep.
The motive behind the brutal murders was yet unknown, said police.
The bodies with slit throats were found in Mahadevpura area of Chaksu in Jaipur district and police said some sharp-edged weapons were used to kill them.
“During preliminary investigation, it has come up that there must be more then one person who killed the victims. While the elderly woman tried to struggle with the assailants, the children were killed in their sleep,” said additional deputy commissioner of police Karan Sharma.
The children’s father works at a brick manufacturing unit and was not present in the house when the incident took place, the officer said.
–Indo-Asia News Service
- 35 injured in Rajasthan clash - Jan 15, 2012
- Elderly woman stabbed to death in Delhi - Aug 08, 2010
- Tutor kills girl, brother - Jan 25, 2012
- Congress leader killed in Chhattisgarh - Jun 15, 2010
- Not invited to dinner, man kills neighbour - Jun 29, 2012
- Six of family killed in UP - May 28, 2012
- Teenager kills, burns parents in Haryana - May 14, 2012
- Three of family murdered in Haryana's Sonipat - Apr 20, 2012
- Jilted man kills girl - Jan 12, 2012
- Man kills cousin's kids, commits suicide in Rajasthan - Jun 13, 2012
- Pakistani woman killed by grandchildren - Oct 22, 2010
- Burnt body of woman found in Delhi - Oct 04, 2011
- Toddler kidnapped from Delhi hospital - Jun 14, 2011
- Man kills mother, brother for money - Jun 29, 2012
- Woman, daughter murdered in Punjab - Sep 21, 2010
Tags: asia news, brick, brutal murders, commissioner of police, deputy commissioner, dg, edged weapons, elderly woman, grandchildren, indo asia, jaipur, karan sharma, kavita, motive, news service, old woman, outskirts, preliminary investigation, slit throats, unidentified assailants