Woman shot dead, senior citizen injured in NoidaApril 9th, 2008 - 4:38 pm ICT by admin
Noida, April 9 (IANS) Barely a day after three firing incidents shocked Delhi, two more such cases on the outskirts of the capital have left a former airhostess dead and a senior citizen injured. Sheeba Thomas, 24, a former airhostess with an international airlines, was shot dead late Tuesday by four unidentified assailants in Sector-31 Noida around 11.30 p.m.
The police said the assailants on two motorbikes waylaid Thomas’ car and spoke to her for a while after which one of the men drew a revolver and pumped a bullet into her chest from point blank range.
The men escaped from the scene.
Police said the victim was originally from Nagpur. Her parents are reported to be abroad.
“It could be a fallout of a love affair. We have detained her boyfriend and his friend and they are being questioned,” said a senior police official.
The police have ruled out robbery behind the murder motive.
Unidentified robbers opened fire at a senior citizen shortly before midnight Tuesday, when he tried to stop them from stealing his bike near Amity University in Sector-44 Noida.
He was admitted to Army Research and Referral Hospital, where his condition was stated to be stable.
On Late Monday three people suffered bullet injuries in a suspected case of gang rivalry in Ashok Vihar of northwest Delhi. According to the police, five rounds were fired near a market.
Barley few hours before the Ashok Vihar incident, four men fired at a security guard and robbed Rs.3 million kept in a collection van in front of a South Delhi shopping centre.
Earlier Monday, a 47-year-old man had been shot dead in Kalkaji area of South Delhi, reportedly over a property dispute.
- 25-year-old man shot dead in Vasant Vihar - May 09, 2011
- Principal shot at in Noida - Jul 29, 2012
- Woman in rickshaw shot dead in Delhi (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Man fired at after bid to snatch mother's gold chain - Nov 04, 2011
- Businessman shot at in Delhi - Apr 26, 2011
- Delhi-based transporter shot dead - Apr 25, 2012
- Man shot dead in Delhi - Sep 06, 2011
- Man killed in east Delhi firing was family's sole provider - Sep 03, 2012
- Mumbai scribe's killing challenges freedom of press: Soni - Jun 11, 2011
- Policeman, home guard fired upon, weapons looted - Oct 15, 2011
- Husband of village pradhan shot dead - Sep 23, 2011
- Delhi brothers shot at by snatchers - Jun 18, 2012
- Man shot dead in Noida health club - Mar 03, 2010
- Mother of Rajesh Talwar's lawyer murdered (Second Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Cricketer Ajay Tyagi shot dead in Ghaziabad - Jul 06, 2012