Woman shot at for not withdrawing molestation complaintJuly 23rd, 2012 - 11:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 23 (IANS) A 28-year-old woman was shot at Monday by her neighbour as she refused to withdraw a molestation complaint against him, police said. The man and his accomplice were later arrested.
Manju, a divorcee living in west Delhi’s Buddh Vihar area, was shot at by two bike-borne assailants around 4 p.m. while returning home from a market. The bullet hit her in a thigh.
The victim was taken to hospital where she was reported out of danger.
Her neighbour Sunil and Narendra Pal were arrested from west Delhi’s Vijay Vihar area.
Police said that two months ago Manju lodged a complaint of molestation against Sunil. The accused has been threatening her to withdraw the complaint, but she didn’t.
- Private firm manager shot dead in Delhi - Jul 25, 2012
- Delhi brothers shot at by snatchers - Jun 18, 2012
- Robbers shoot at cop, one held in east Delhi - May 02, 2010
- Man killed while protecting wife, two arrested - May 03, 2011
- Businessman attacked in Delhi - Jun 20, 2011
- Two held for snatching cop's chain - Aug 29, 2011
- Jeweller shot at, looted - Feb 08, 2011
- Bike-borne assailants attack scribe - Jun 07, 2011
- Man robbed of Rs.20 lakh - Mar 12, 2011
- Doctor molests minor during check-up, held - Nov 29, 2011
- Two men on bike snatch Rs.1.5 lakh - Jul 05, 2011
- Armed robbers open fire in Delhi market, one killed - Dec 19, 2009
- Police probe Bihar legislator's role in murder - Jul 11, 2011
- Two held for raping married woman - Mar 05, 2011
- Spa employee arrested for molesting NRI - Jan 20, 2012