Woman sets herself, daughters ablazeMarch 28th, 2010 - 11:26 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, March 28 (IANS) Perturbed over a constant family dispute, a woman Sunday set herself and her two daughters ablaze in Madhya Pradesh’s Chhindwara district, police said. She and one of the daughters died in hospital, while the second girl is struggling for life.
Rizwana, wife of Arif Khan, a resident of Mohangarh town in the Chhindwara district, poured kerosene on herself and her daughters Toshiba (6) and Tayaba (4) and first set her children and then herself on fire. All the three were taken to the district hospital where Rizwana and Taiyaba died while Toshiba is struggling for life.
Khan, who is a cloth trader, was not at home when the incident occurred around 5.30 p.m.
Rizwana had returned to live with her husband only five months ago. She had left her husband’s home last year and started living at her uncle’s house.
Police have registered a case and are investigating.
- Cancer patient commits suicide - Aug 18, 2012
- Indian woman kills herself in Nepal - Jul 27, 2011
- Minor girl dies of burns, kin allege rape, murder - Jun 25, 2011
- Plagued by ill health, woman kills self - Jan 06, 2011
- Woman forced into prostitution by husband ends life - Apr 16, 2012
- Girl tries to end life after MMS blackmail - Apr 26, 2011
- 'Superstitious' woman burns herself, two daughters alive - Oct 05, 2011
- Man kills wife, two daughters - Jul 06, 2012
- Woman sets herself on fire in Delhi - Apr 30, 2012
- Dalit girl killed for protesting harassment (Lead) - Feb 11, 2011
- Woman accidentally burns self after fight with husband - Jan 08, 2011
- Woman sets herself, infant ablaze - Feb 08, 2010
- Woman sets herself ablaze over dowry harassment - Jun 25, 2011
- Dalit woman kills herself, two daughters - Jun 17, 2009
- Women critically injured after immolation attempt - Mar 20, 2011