Woman sets herself ablaze near defence ministry (Lead)May 13th, 2008 - 2:09 am ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 12 (IANS) Apparently depressed due to quarrels with her husband, a 25-year-old woman allegedly tried to commit suicide by setting herself ablaze near the defence ministry here Monday evening. Her husband is a constable at the Sena Bhavan, officials said. The woman, identified as Sunita, allegedly poured kerosene over herself and set herself afire around 5.30 p.m. at Vijay Chowk.
Security officials rushed towards her and put out the flames before officials from Delhi Fire Service could reach the spot.
A Police Control Room (PCR) van rushed Sunita to the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, but doctors there referred her to Safdarjung Hospital. Her condition was stated to be critical with 98 percent burn injuries.
“Sunita in her statement has alleged her husband Rajender, posted as constable in Sena Bhavan, was harassing her. We have registered a case and further investigations are on,” Assistant Commissioner of Police (Parliament Street) Gurdeep Singh told IANS.
He said Sunita came to the city from her-in-laws’ house in Agra, Uttar Pradesh, early Monday.
- Woman attemps to set herself ablaze near Rashtrapati Bhavan - May 12, 2008
- Woman sets herself ablaze over dowry harassment - Jun 25, 2011
- Indian woman kills herself in Nepal - Jul 27, 2011
- Cancer patient commits suicide - Aug 18, 2012
- Woman gives birth to girl on Metro train - Jul 22, 2012
- Newly-wed woman commits suicide in Delhi - Apr 26, 2012
- Woman severely burnt, police probing case - Oct 10, 2011
- Woman burns herself, two kids - Jan 20, 2012
- Woman forced into prostitution by husband ends life - Apr 16, 2012
- Woman sets herself, infant ablaze - Feb 08, 2010
- Two attempt self-immolation, 78-year-old dead - Mar 10, 2011
- Woman sets herself, family on fire, two dead - Apr 27, 2009
- Woman, daughter set on fire in Noida - Sep 20, 2010
- CRPF woman constable shoots herself dead (Lead) - May 13, 2012
- 'Superstitious' woman burns herself, two daughters alive - Oct 05, 2011