Woman sets herself ablaze in DelhiJune 15th, 2009 - 1:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 15 (IANS) A 50-year-old woman set herself on fire and jumped from the first floor of her house in the capital Monday, police said.
Sharda, a resident of Block G in Jehangirpuri in northwest Delhi, set herself ablaze in front of her 15-year-old daughter and jumped from the first floor of the house at around 9 a.m.
“The woman has suffered 70 percent burn injuries and was rushed to the hospital where her condition is stated to be critical,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (Northwest) N.S. Bundela.
The woman’s husband was not at home when the incident took place. Police are trying to ascertain the reason behind the incident.
- Upset over son's illness, woman kills daughter, commits suicide (Lead) - Jun 15, 2009
- Woman sets herself afire at petrol pump - Nov 23, 2011
- Woman murdered in north Delhi - Oct 16, 2011
- Family quarrels lead to killings, attempted murder in Maharashtra - Jun 29, 2012
- Cancer patient commits suicide - Aug 18, 2012
- Woman forced into prostitution by husband ends life - Apr 16, 2012
- Dowry demand leads woman to suicide - Apr 19, 2012
- Woman jumps off Mumbai building with son - Apr 16, 2011
- Pregnant woman commits suicide in Delhi - Jun 19, 2012
- Childless woman commits suicide in capital - Feb 15, 2011
- Woman kills children, hangs self in Delhi - May 26, 2012
- Husband, wife commit suicide - Jan 25, 2012
- Woman jumps off Mumbai building with son, four held (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
- Engineering girl student commits suicide - May 21, 2012
- Woman commits suicide, six held in dowry case - Jun 14, 2012