Woman rescued from human trafficking gang in RajasthanJuly 31st, 2012 - 1:45 am ICT by IANS
Jaipur, July 31 (IANS) A 30-year old woman was sent to a shelter home in Rajasthan’s Dholpur Monday after she was rescued from a human trafficking gang which had sold her to four different men over the past one year, police said.
A case of rape has been registered against at least six men, they added.
“The woman was rescued from Basaidaang area of Dholpur district Sunday. We had acted on a tip-off. No one could be arrested from the house as its occupants had fled at the time of the raid,” a police officer told IANS.
The officer said that the woman had eloped with a man whom she identifies as Rakesh Kumar about a year ago.
“However, Rakesh sold her to a man called Jeetu. It has come up during investigation that Jeetu sold her to four different men in Basaidaang area over the past one year. Each of them kept her for some time and then handed her over to Jeetu again. She has registered a case of rape against Rakesh, Jeetu and the four men,” said the officer.
He added that the woman’s statements were recorded before a magistrate Monday in Dholpur, over 200 km from Jaipur.
“She was then sent to women shelter home here. Police teams have been rushed to various places in search of the members of the human trafficking gang,” said the officer.
- 13-year-old Delhi girl rescued from human traffickers - Sep 05, 2012
- 14-year-old trafficked Manipur girl rescued in Gurgaon - Feb 10, 2011
- Man slapped by police for trying to register FIR - Mar 23, 2012
- Caste council strips, beats woman, paramour in Rajasthan - Jul 23, 2012
- Rajasthan woman sells son for Rs.40,000, held - Aug 09, 2012
- Woman who duped six 'husbands' held - Feb 23, 2012
- Rajasthan girl sold by mother, raped - Aug 10, 2011
- Policeman booked for rape in UP - Jul 23, 2012
- Human trafficking manual helps police in northeast - Feb 20, 2011
- Married woman gangraped by six men in Ghaziabad - Mar 24, 2012
- Three held for Delhi woman's trafficking - Jun 09, 2012
- More foreign women being trafficked to China - Dec 05, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh's fifth rape case in a day (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Police rescue children from traffickers - Mar 11, 2011
- Three held for gang rape in south Delhi - Feb 18, 2011