Woman raped by Delhi Police constableFebruary 28th, 2010 - 7:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 28 (IANS) A 25-year-old woman was allegedly raped by a constable of Delhi Police’s Crime Branch in Dwarka area of southwest Delhi earlier this week, police said Sunday.
“The incident took place in Sector 16 of Dwarka when the victim’s husband was not at home. Her husband had gone to Haryana. She complained that the constable was drunk at the time of the incident,” a police officer said.
When her husband returned, she told him about the incident after which they approached police Wednesday.
“She was taken for medical examination which confirmed sexual assault. The accused constable is posted with Crime Branch and was friends with victim’s husband. He often used to come to visit victim’s house to meet her husband,” the police officer added.
The police have registered a case against the constable who is absconding.
“A case has been registered against him and efforts are on to arrest him,” the officer said.
- Delhi policeman on the run after rape charge (Lead) - Feb 28, 2010
- Railway constable held for rape - Sep 06, 2012
- Father rapes daughter in west Delhi - May 19, 2012
- Woman drugged, raped by friend - Oct 06, 2011
- Minor gangraped in moving van, one held (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
- Woman assaulted, raped by neighbour - Apr 03, 2011
- Boy shot dead by drunk Delhi police cop - Mar 12, 2012
- Pipili case: Charge sheet filed against dismissed cop - May 11, 2012
- Mother-of-three raped in Delhi on Mother's Day - May 15, 2012
- Bhatta-Parsaul rape: Court orders FIR against 30 cops - Nov 18, 2011
- 22-year-old maid raped by employer, two others - Jun 22, 2011
- Gym employee rapes colleague, held - Jun 28, 2011
- Arrest of ex-minister sought in Odisha gang rape - Mar 05, 2012
- Two more rape cases reported in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 25, 2011
- Investigating agency rules out rape in Pipili case - Mar 10, 2012