Woman pub employee gang raped in Gurgaon (Lead)March 12th, 2012 - 4:16 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, March 12 (IANS) A woman working in a pub in a mall here was gangraped by six people in an apartment here early Monday, police said.
She was abducted by car borne youths at 3 a.m. from the Mehrauli-Gurgaon road.
The victim, police said, has blamed a co-worker for the incident. A case of abduction and gangrape has been registered at the DLF Phase II police station.
The woman, 25, who works in the Last Chance pub in the Sahara Mall was later abandoned at the Qutub Minar Metro station. She initially lodged a complaint at the Mehrauli police station in the capital, from where the police took her to Gurgaon.
Gurgaon’s Deputy Commissioner of Police (East) Maheshwar Dayal told IANS: “We have registered a case of gangrape and abduction against unknown people.”
The victim told the police that after the pub closed at 2 a.m., she had left for her house in Badarpur in South Delhi in a hired cab. Her 17-year-old brother was also with her. When their car reached near the Bristol Hotel here, a car with a Delhi number plate
overtook the vehicle and forced it to stop.
The victim was then taken to an unknown place and raped.
The woman told the police that she had a dispute with a waitress working at the same pub and that the rapists had been seen dancing with her in the pub late on Sunday late night.
“We are also investigating this angle too,” said another senior police officer.
- Five arrested for gangraping Gurgaon pub employee (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Two Rajasthan businessmen held for raping Delhi student - Nov 22, 2011
- Gurgaon hooliganism due to lack of cops: Residents - Jan 02, 2012
- Women can work round the clock in Gurgaon: Police chief - Mar 15, 2012
- Bus service from Qutub Minar Metro station to Badarpur - Jun 28, 2010
- Three held for gang rape in south Delhi - Feb 18, 2011
- Man slapped by police for trying to register FIR - Mar 23, 2012
- Women raped by cab driver in south Delhi - Dec 13, 2011
- Fire in liquor shop near Sahara Mall in Gurgaon - Jul 02, 2012
- Woman alleges gangrape in Kolkata - Aug 13, 2012
- BMW case: Police plea for test identification rejected - May 17, 2012
- Delhi Police teams looking for runaway kidnappers of woman - Jul 26, 2011
- Kidnapped woman rescued within hours, two arrested (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Two minors gang raped in the capital - Feb 11, 2012
- Wet Raksha Bandhan in Delhi, more rains Wednesday (Lead) - Aug 24, 2010
Tags: abducted, abduction, bristol hotel, co worker, commissioner of police, dayal, deputy commissioner, gangrape, last chance, maheshwar, mehrauli, metro station, police officer, police station, qutub minar, rapists, south delhi, unknown place, waitress, working in a pub