Woman promised marriage, sexually exploitedJune 23rd, 2009 - 10:57 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, June 23 (IANS) A woman from Maharashtra, who left her family to look for a job in Delhi, was allegedly repeatedly raped by a bus owner, who befriended her and offered to marry her, police said.
The woman from Amravati came to Delhi in search of a job. She met Rishi Raj, a private bus owner, who assured her help in getting a job.
The two developed friendship and Rishi Raj offered to marry her, and allegedly sexually exploited her several times. Later, he refused to marry her.
The woman Monday complained to police, who registered a case against Raj, said Superintendent of Police (City) Ashok Tripathi.
According to the police, both the woman and Rishi Raj were married before they met each other. The woman had two children and a husband whom she left to settle in Delhi for a job. Rishi Raj was also married.
“We have registered a case and are looking out for Rishi Raj,” Tripathi said.
- Man held for trying to sell minor girl in Delhi - Jun 04, 2012
- Woman raped on pretext of job interview - Jan 07, 2012
- CBI questions Vectra chief (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Woman drugged and raped - Oct 12, 2011
- MBA student lured young women -- to rob them - May 11, 2011
- Good Samaritan saves life, gets killed himself - Jan 02, 2012
- Company razes ancient temple in Noida - Jan 29, 2012
- Three held for gang rape in south Delhi - Feb 18, 2011
- Woman, lover arrested for husband's murder - Feb 07, 2011
- Woman posing as PMO official arrested - Jan 25, 2012
- Man dupes NRI woman, court refuses him time to surrender - Sep 19, 2011
- Nigerian held for duping woman of Rs.6.5 lakh - Nov 18, 2010
- IAS aspirant kills self over failed affair - Oct 18, 2011
- Man killed in east Delhi firing was family's sole provider - Sep 03, 2012
- Two Uttar Pradesh cops booked for gang-rape - Jun 22, 2011